Priceline Hotel: NYC Midtown or Chelsea 4.5* 16-20 June

sbad
By sbad,
in

Hi,

I am going to be in NYC 16-20 June and wanted some help on bidding for a 4.5* hotel in Midtown or Chelsea.. 

I have a refundable backup so if it fails we will have somewhere to sleep!

What should I be bidding for those dates? Have tried up to £150/night + taxes so far and have failed.

Thanks!

SB

Have tried up to £150/night + taxes so far and have failed.

Please post to the board in USD.

What is max budget/night before tax/fee's?

Anywhere around Midtown

Please post the PRICELINE names of the zones you're willing to stay in

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Hi,

I dont really want to spend more than $225 before fees/taxes

Areas that I would like to stay in are (in order of preference):

Times Square - Theatre District

Midtown West

Chelsea Area

Midtown East

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Empire State Building Area

Greenwich Village

Union Square - East Village

Thanks!

S

In NYC there is often a very big jump in price when going from 4* hotels to 4.5* star hotels. We can suggest a strategy for whatever you'd like, but at current rates i'm doubtful that you will be successful for a 4.5* property (would likely take closer to $300+) but you may be successful for a 4* property.

Please confirm what you'd like to try for first, as well as whether zone or price is more of a priority (ie- would you prefer to pay more (up to your limit??) for a hotel in the Times Square zone OR a less expensive hotel in, for example, the Madison Square Garden zone?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Price is more of a priority than zone - i.e. i dont mind being in Madison Square Gdn.

The reason I am choosing 4.5* over 4* is that most of the 4* hotels seem to have fairly average reviews on TripAdvisor tiny rooms and the 4.5* are better for that.

I have stayed before at The Night Hotel, The Hudson and Mariott Marquis-  and the Marriott was the only one with decent room sizes!

Thanks

S

In NYC, as in most large cities where real estate is expensive, hotel room sizes can be small (but it is even more so in NYC)

However, as noted, at current rates a 4.5* in NYC for these dates will likely cost you much more than the $225/nite you stated you're currently willing to pay.

If you want to give it a try anyway you can bid as follows:

Of the zones you listed that you're willing to stay in, only the ones that are not crossed out currently offer 4.5* or higher bidding:

Times Square - Theatre District

Midtown West

Chelsea Area

Midtown East

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Empire State Building Area

Greenwich Village

Union Square - East Village

When bidding 4.5* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4.5* MTE, ESB, TS, MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* MTE, ESB, TS, Chelsea...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* TS, MTW, Chelsea, MTE, ESB...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $208, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $213, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $218, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $223, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Still no luck!

Any tips for the dates? Open to Hotwire too..

Thanks!

Sunit 

Are you seeing a Hot.wire listing of interest for your dates that comes in at/below your budget? If so, please provide the complete details of the listing (zone, star rating, price, complete list of amenities including accessible amenities) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

...at current rates a 4.5* in NYC for these dates will likely cost you much more than the $225/nite you stated you're currently willing to pay.

I assume you're still bidding at the 4.5* level? With just two days to go before your arrival, at what point do you decide to lower your star rating or increase your budget?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]