Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (West Hollywood) The Grafton On Sunset

arexasaurus
By arexasaurus,
in

I am looking to spend under 150 per night at a hotel in Los Angeles and am hoping that bidding through Price.line will allow me to find a 4 or 5* hotel for this rate. Looking at the Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Downtown zones. Any recommendations as to how to go about this?

At current prices i think you will likely need to go up to $155 bid price for a 4 star or better in one of these zones, so the strategy below starts lower but doesn't max out until $155... of course you are free to stop at whatever amount you are comfortable with.

When bidding 4* in Los Angeles you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* BH, Hollywood, Downtown...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* BH, Hollywood, Santa Monica...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* BH, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Downtown...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155

I will also add that what looks like the Doubletree Los Angeles Downtown is available for $139/nite and the Sheraton Los Angeles for $119/nite, so if either of these are acceptable you could stop your bidding just below these amounts and we can then review the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS offer for whichever you are interested in.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you have read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are still confused try the following:

Start with the following...

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Also, the strategy will indeed differ if you decide to bid only two zones (obviously we would need to remove Hollywood and Santa Monica)... once we have your re-bid zones sorted, please decide which zones you want to include in your bidding and we will (if necessary) revise the bidding strategy accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ended up having to go to the top of my price spectrum with 150/night

Got the Grafton on Sunset, aka the one hotel I knew I would not be satisfied with...and this was after expanding my zones to include Santa Monica, Brentwood/Westwood, Beverley Hills, and West Hollywood. 

Altogether with fees and taxes it came out to be $718 which is more than I would have liked to spend, but particularly because this hotel is so off-putting.  Also found out that they have a $40 PER DAY parking fee which is going to put me out another $160 so overall this ended up being a pretty negative first experience with bidding on priceline

I know it's a long shot but has anyone ever had any success with changing hotels and/or canceling a priceline reservation? Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated as this is my one vacation of the year and I'm quite disappointed that it's turned out like this :(

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the outcome.

On the positive side... this hotel is currently priced at $250/nite so PRICELINE did do its part by providing a very nice discount for this stay. Also, $35-$40 for parking is the norm in this area for parking, although you may be able to get cheaper parking at a nearby private garage separate from the hotel (although this will not provide you with in/out access, whereas thru the hotel their fee usually comes with in/out privileges, which is something to consider depending upon whether you intend to keep your car put for the duration of your stay OR if you'll be leaving/driving daily to sightsee and explore the city)

In the future you may want to consider HOTWIRE and/or PRICELINE EXPRESS where you can usually take a guess as to the hotel being offered (and assuming your guess is correct, figure our parking and any other fees beforehand, although as noted above, this hotel's parking fee is inline with most others in the area)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]