Hotwire Hotel: 5* Boston (Downtown Boston) The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston

dietz
By dietz,
in

Cant find a listing for a five star boutique in the downtown Boston area at all. Looking for June 19-22. Amenities listed include: Boutique hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Free internet, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s), Smoke free rooms. Also lists a 100% tripadvisor satisfaction of 13 reviews. Cant find it on tripadvisor either.

Thanks - Mike

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Nashville Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

If you see:

Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- This would be a possible match for the Langham.

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICE.LINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm not sure about that. Their are 2 different 5 stars listed for downtown when I check the listing amenities under the green box for the first hotel, described as "5 star downtown hotel" it lists:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Because of the wheelchair accessible I believe this to be the Langham as the Intercontinental has the same listing other than it doesn't list wheelchair accessible.

The second hotel is listed as "5 star boutique and under the green box only lists the following amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Still puzzled but believe this is neither the Langham or the Intercontinental, Is it possible that one of the 4.5 star boutiques has been upgraded? Either the  Onyx, the Liberty, or The Ames? 

Thanks, I realize this is lots of info.

Please include the room rate per nite in your posts as it makes it easier for us to find the same hotel among the offers when replicating your search.

My guess for the first property would be the Langham.

I don't have any insight into the 5* Boutique offered in this zone... i thought that perhaps the Liberty Hotel or the Onxy were upgraded, but i have reason to believe that this boutique property is something other than one of these.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wonder if it's the XV Beacon. Has that ever been reported as a Hot.wire win?

XV Beacon is a one-of-a-kind hotel, quite beautiful, but some of the rooms are surprisingly (for such an expensive place) small. Others are huge, but with an opaque win you'd be more likely to get one of the small ones.

The Beacon XV has not yet been reported to the board thru HOTWIRE (nor thru PRICELINE)... i don't see anything in the amenity description that would exclude this from being a possibility, but i really don't have any additional insight for this one.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I must say curiosity got the better of me. I probably should have played it safe and gone with a lesser priced known entity, but....

I had to find out what the hotel was, because if I hadn't I would have gone crazy wondering what great deal I gave up. Instead I was correct in that one of the hotels that this site lists as 4.5 stars must have been upgraded to 5 stars. The hotel I got was listed as a five star boutique and is the Liberty Hotel. I am sure it will be a great place to stay but I question the TripAdvisor rating that Hotwire lists as a solid excellent rating while TripAdvisor actually has it listed as the #38 hotel out of 81 with a rating of very good. Let me know what information I can add to improve the listing for others as I greatly appreciate the service you offer even though I don't travel a lot.

Thanks - Mike

Sorry it wasn't the one that you were hoping for, but hopefully this will be convenient for your needs and it will be worthy of the upgrade.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite (before taxes/fees) so we can add this information to this thread's topic title and enable this win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thanks for the report and helping us update this property in the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]