USD/CAD currency

morty162
By morty162,
in

Priceline now allows users to toggle between USD and CAD for making bids or searching for express deals. (When I first used priceline circa 2006 I used a California zip code because the priceline forms had no format for Canadian addresses) I suspect that some of the price differences reported on the board for similar properties in Canada may be the result of posters posting two different currencies and not even realizing it. For the longest time CAD was near par with USD but it has been in the 80 cent range for the better part of a year. Clarifying currency in the subject lines of wins might be helpful to other users. I realize the board policy is to post in USD, but for Canadians bidding on Canadian properties using CAD as a default, posters may be posting results in CAD without even realizing the other posts are in USD.

Priceline now allows users to toggle between USD and CAD for making bids or searching for express deals.

I'm not sure if I understand you correct here. Use this PRICELINE link and use the drop down menu in the upper right corner to change the currency. But please note that you need to do a search first with PRICELINE EXPRESS or put in the details for the bidding service before the currency menu appears.

We might have some posts that "fall between the chairs" when it comes to the bidding service .But most users indicates if they use CAN. And we always doublecheck the PRICELINE EXPRESS listing and ask for a follow-up if we feel that anything is unclear with the reported post.

Also, when users report their win to the board, they can change the currency in the winning bid form to whatever currency they used, and our systems automatically convert to US Dollars based upon the current days exchange rate.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

ok thanks for clearing that up ...there was two wins reported that were close together in time for 4* Toronto DT, and the difference in the price looked to be about the difference in the exchange rate, but I guess it was one of the many factors that can affect winning bid prices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]