Hotwire Hotel: 3* Palmdale Ramada Palmdale / Lancaster

DaLuc
By DaLuc,
in

I haven't bid on priceline for a while and keep running into a new issue for me. I usually can bid in a 4* area, then rebid in an area that doesn't have 4*. However I keep getting this message from Priceline and they remove the name your own price option and all I can see is the regular price and the Express list. This is the message I'm receiving...

Thank You for Naming Your Own Price – Unfortunately, we can't accept your offer. During our search, however, we did find special priceline rates available for your travel dates at the hotels shown below.

Ideas? Specifically this happened in bidding for a hotel in Aptos CA and then again in Palmdale CA. It lets me go back in and start over, but for Aptos it took me 4 tries before it let me rebid 3 times and for Palmdale I am only able to rebid once. I've tried it 4 times now, starting with 3 1/2* palmdale, adding lancaster the second time and Phelan the third time. 

Is this a new Priceline rule? Sorry if a million people have been asking and I haven't seen it!

It's just PRICELINE cross-marketing and trying to direct you toward their PRICELINE EXPRESS product... after a failed bid they don't know if the user will add another zone in order to bid again OR simply 'walk away', so this is a way for them to try and convert the potential 'walk away' customer with a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer. You can continue with your re-bid gameplan by closing the current browser and re-accessing PRICELINE. (duplicate bid rules still apply, but you should be able to add a re-bid zone to your previously failed bids in order to continue bidding)

If you use our search box on the top right corner of the board, it's easy to close the current browser when you get re-directed to the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, and simply click the GO button to have your dates and location already pre-popluated and no need re-enter the information again.

Are the two cities you mention above for the same stay? What are the dates of your trip(s) and what star ratings and bid amounts have you made?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah, that makes sense now! Thanks. It's super annoying to have to keep going out, it's harder for me to keep track of what I've bid where! It was nice and easy just going back thru the link here since it saved my city and dates.

I'm looking at Palmdale 3.5* for 6/10-6/11 for myself, hubby and two kids. I started at $45, got up to $70 (with tax that's like a total of $96) with a combination of Palmdale 3.5* and a few other spots that don't have the 3.5*. I may just do a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal that's $108 because that has a restaurant so is probably the courtyard or Holiday Inn Palmdale-Lancaster. I didn't see others with a restaurant. 

For Aptos CA it's for the same trip, different night, 6/11-6/12. I used Capitola at 3*, then rebid Aptos & Ben Lomond at their 2.5*. I want to stay in Aptos, but Capitola is perfectly fine as well. I think I started bidding at $65. I think I'm going to need much higher. I haven't looked to try to figure out express deals yet.

Ended up just taking the Hotwire 3* deal because it was $57 and we needed it for 6/9 (changed dates), so short notice and didn't feel like dealing with priceline.

hotwire 6/9 3* amenities Business center   Fitness center   Free Internet   Free breakfast   Free parking   Pool(s)   Restaurant(s)   Self-service laundry   Smoke-free rooms

$57, $69.63 total with taxes. Ramada Inn Palmdale

thanks for your help! :)

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities (including the accessible) that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]