Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Omni Chicago Hotel

jwl3
By jwl3,
in

Used links here.  Love your site.

Started bidding $195 for a 5 star in North Michigan Ave.  Then Millenium Park zone.  Did not get them.  Moved to a 4.5 star hotel in N Michigan Ave and upped the bid to $215.  Got the Omni, which I'm happy about.  This is a business trip paid for by my company, so I didn't care too much where I stayed or the bid increments. 

For personal and pleasure, I have to say that I doubt I will use Price.line or Hot.wire again.  I got some pretty bad hotels in Italy (Rome, Milan, Venice) through Priceline and Hotwire last month.

Congrats on your success. :)

Sorry to hear that your stays in Europe were disappointing! Please let us know if you need help and we would be happy to try to find the right fit in terms of hotel via Price.line/Hot.wire for your next stay. 

You certainly got a terrific result for this stay - the Omni is in a terrific location right on Michigan Ave and they renovated not that long ago. Please let me know if you have any city questions (restaurants, etc) at all.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Just to add to to the above regarding your European trip (sorry you didn't have a good experience there)... the star ratings in Europe are a bit more 'generous' than their US counter-parts. You often need to add a full star rating to those assigned to hotels in Europe (regardless of what service you book thru) to get the same quality on a US/Canada equivalent basis.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there - Quick question: When you bid on priceline, what kind of room do they give you? Can you upgrade? If so, do you end up paying the rack rate? Thanks!

Given the discounted rate, you get a basic, non-upgraded room. You can ask at check-in regarding upgrades, but the hotel may say no, may say yes or may say yes but charge. Sometimes they will charge an "upgrade fee", which is basically the difference between a regular room and the upgraded room. It will vary depending on the hotel, dates/inventory and possibly who you talk to.

If you need help with your stay, please start a new thread with the details of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]