Priceline Hotel: 3.5* North Michigan Ave - River North Area 7/16-7/19

rddscv
By rddscv,
in

$122 / night.  Free Internet  Swimming Pool  Fitness Center  Restaurant  Business Center

Also open to spending more if there's a nicer place for a reasonable deal.  This is my first time using priceline, am I looking too far in advance / should I expect deals to open up as we get closer to the date?

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The Holiday Inn Mart Plaza has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my guess. While not the most centrally located property, I think that's a nice hotel and does have some positives going for it (given where it is, there is a better chance of a view, but if not the bar area off the side from the check in really does have beautiful river views.) The Brown Line CTA station is right nearby at the Merchandise Mart.

There is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay - it does not always happen and rates can go the other way just as easily, especially if it's a busy period and/or something is going on in terms of event/convention.

In terms of more expensive options, what would be your desired max budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Maybe like $180 incl fees etc?

Total for the 3 nites? If so, that's not going to be realistic for a hotel with a hotel with a similar star rating and zone as above, given the above has a $122/nite rate per nite (and before taxes/fees)

We can suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow, but i think you'll first need to have a more realistic budget in mind (or lower your star rating or consider zones outside of 'downtown')

... and please read your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page making the board easier to navigate)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you meant $180 w/taxes and fees p/n I'm seeing a 4* on Hot.wire for $150 (which works out to a tiny bit over $180 w/taxes fees but not by much) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

--- This is a possible match for the Public.

I liked that hotel, but it isn't centrally located either (although it is in a nice neighborhood - easy walk from top end of Michigan Ave and convenient to transit.) The hotel itself also has some negatives (it is an older building so you are more likely to hear hall/room noise), but a lot of positives (it is a more value-friendly boutique, with free wifi, cheaper room service and generally tries to not be as costly as most boutique properties.)

Otherwise, things are pretty much over your desired budget. The issue with bidding is that you may get a couple of the lesser 4*'s in the zone (the Allerton being the main one.)

Priceline..hotwire

Sorry meant $180 per night, but I can increase that to ~220 or so no real hard budget.  On hotwire I see 4 star hotel 95+ approval with:

Business center, free breakfast, fitness center, pet friendly, free internet, spa services, last person got Kinzie Hotel for 178 per night (+fees).

Are there other hotels this could be a match for, and if it is Kinzie is that a good deal?

Thanks

If you are seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN area w/

• Free breakfast
  • Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Fitness center
  • Business center
  • Internet access
  • Spa services
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Roll-in shower

I'd guess this is the Kinzie. I'd definitely recommend grabbing this listing - very nice hotel and free breakfast/evening reception.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I see everything except accessible bathroom/ roll-in shower (and the listing doesn't have anything that you didn't list)

HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

· click the offer

·  on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

·  in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Using the method(s) above are you able to see the additional amenities?

Yellowdog.

Yes.  However it says that the last person who booked this hotel got Hotel Felix, though I don't think that hotel felix has free breakfast.  How does this "last person who booked this hotel work", is it exactly the same listing, or is it just something else that was booked with a similar price/star level?  

Is this still likely the Kinzie or is there a chance it could be Felix? 

Thanks

The "last person won" is not necessarily the underlying hotel, it's the last hotel that someone won at this star rating in the zone. The Felix doesn't offer breakfast.

I'm seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN for $181 - the price you see may vary slightly - w/Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

This would likelly be the Kinzie.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think this Kinzie listing is still there, but I was reading reports about bedbugs and am a bit scared by that, any merit to that?

Also, there is now a 4* on priceline listed at 138/night in Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area with

Free Internet 

Swimming Pool 

Fitness Center 

Restaurant

Guest Ratings: 9+ Wonderful

Any idea what that might be?

Thanks!

I see one review that mentioned it in 2007 when it was the Amalfi on tripadvisor after searching Google. Otherwise, the Kinzie is ranked #15 out of 179 hotels on Tripadvisor in Chicago. I think it's ultimately something that can possibly happen at any hotel these days, unfortunately.

The PRICELINE EXPRESS listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but a new amenity set for the Renaissance would be a guess.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]