Priceline Hotel: New York City 6/13 - 6/14

gill0610
By gill0610,
in

Looking for advice on how to bid on priceine for a 4 star or higher hotel in New York city for 1 night for 2 people (Saturday 6/13) and an idea of which hotels I may get.

Preferred area is Central Park south but would consider other areas such as hells kitchen, mid town west or chelsea.  Possibly also Times Square, but I'm guessing that would be more expensive.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to try for/stay in (we need to know if we should include TS and Chelsea in the strategy).

All reported NYC PRICELINE hotels can be found in this link: NYC Priceline Hotels

Please note that you can't bid on or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICE.LINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks - sorry, didn't realize I needed to post budget but makes sense!  I'm hoping to stay at around $160 - $180 before taxes and fees, to try to keep the total cost as close to $200 as possible.

If you don't think that's feasible please let me know.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how do I find out what hotels are used for Priceline Express for Central Park South?

I'm open to including Times Square if you think that increases my chances of success.

Thank for your help.

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

You can see all hotels reported to the board thru both PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS in our Priceline Hotel List (it is updated any time new information is added to the board)

NOTE that if you're trying to target that CPS zone that this area contains the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards). May not be as much of an issue for a one nite stay, but would this be an acceptable outcome for this trip?

I'll also add that i'm seeing what looks to be The Jewel for $165/nite which gets very good reviews and you may want to look into this one to see of it works well for your plans (you can use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see the location... after your search enter 'jewel' in the search column on the left side of the page)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thought I had replied.  We are fine with the Hudson hotel - we've actually stayed there before.  Yes the rooms were small but we really iked the location.

I am mentioning other zones as I believe that increases my options of rebidding sooner, correct?

Are you seeing the Jewel on priceine express?  Not sure where you're seeing that @ $165..

Thanks!

I am mentioning other zones as I believe that increases my options of rebidding sooner, correct?

Yes, including more zones increases your chances in two wasys:

1) it gives you more bidding opportunities

2) it allows more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid price

HOWEVER, i do think that you should be able to get a 4* in the CPS at $180 or less, so you have to decide if you want to include other zones in hopes of a lower price OR if you really want the CPS and only want to include this zone (since it currently should be within your budget)

Are you seeing the Jewel on priceine express?

I'm no longer seeing what i previously guessed to be The Jewel.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]