Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) One UN New York - Formerly Millennium UN Plaza Hotel

Ellainlondon
By Ellainlondon,
in

Hi All, 

I am about to book one of the following, and would like a possible idea on which hotels these could be:

$171

Greenpoint - Williamsburg

3.5* 

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access

80% recommended

$220

Midtown East

4*

Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services

50% recommended

$213

Chelsea

3*

Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, 
65% recommended

Any help would be appreciated

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess/comments for each:

$171

3.5* Greenpoint - Williamsburg

--> Henry Norman Hotel

$220

4* Midtown East

--> possibly ONE UN New York, but i'm not certain, but the 50% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests would scare me away, and if correct that this is the ONE UN, the location is not great as it can be a bit of a walk to the subway.

$213

3* Chelsea

--> no guess

To be honest, i don't love any of the offers above. Not sure of your needs for this trip, but why the above which either have a low recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guess OR are outside of Manhattan? Why not:

3.5* Times Square for $224/nite with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... my guess here would be the Hotel Mela (and while i think my guess is right, should i be wrong, at least have a 'safety net' of the hotel being recommended by 90% of previous HOTWIRE guests and a 4.0/5.0 TA rating)

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the prompt reply, 

my needs are pretty flexible its just a week with my mother and I, ideally I want to be a little bit away from the hustle and bustle but we are on a bit of a budget, any strategies would be helpful. Unfortunately these are the dates my mother can take off work grr falling slap bang in Fashion Week has made it more of a chore. Last time I visited for work I stayed at the Carlton, something similar would be nice but out of budget. I'm looking at a max of £130 which is about $220 

Many thanks

EIL

Of what i'm seeing I still think the Hotel Mela would be your best option... assuming we're correct with this guess, the hotel is located on a side street so it's not as if you leave the hotel and are directly in the middle of Times Square and Seventh Ave. If you want to avoid the crowds simply walk to Sixth Ave (the opposite direction from Times Square) and start your day/journey from there.

As there are hotels within your budget i wouldn't stay out in Brooklyn (unless you have reason/plans to be in this area) and the ONE UN is a second-tier choice, imo, on account of the location. Both of these would make it less convenient to return to your room during the day to rest, drop of bags, freshen up before heading out to dinner, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Would the Hotels.com link be comparable to the HOTWIRE hotels? At least I can see the hotels upfront

Comparable in what sense... one is 'opaque' and the other is 'retail', in what sense are you trying to compare the two?

If you're going to start with the PRICELINE route and are ready to bid now, if you let us know your maximum bid, desired star rating, and the zones you're willing to accept we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thank you, in the sense whether the hotels maybe similar in quality, Is Hotwire really coming in cheaper than Hotels by Name

Would you prefer me to start a new thread in the Priceline forum?

Ideally my top end would be £130-£135 

Times Square 
Midtown West
Midtown East
Chelsea 
East Village - Lower East Side 
Grand Central - Empire State Building
Soho - Tribeca 
Union Square - Flatiron District 

3.5 - 4 star

Is Hotwire really coming in cheaper than Hotels by Name

Yes, using the Hotel Mela as an example (assuming our guess is correct).. this property is currently selling for $333/nite... so HOTWIRE is quite a bit cheaper.

Would you prefer me to start a new thread in the Priceline forum?

No, Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Ideally my top end would be £130-£135

What is this in US Dollars (and please give us a firm bid amount, not a range)

3.5 - 4 star

What do you want to try for first... a 4* hotel up to your limit OR the least expensive 3.5* or better?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]