Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) James Hotel

bquayle3
By bquayle3,
in

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)... or PRICELINE EXPRESS where the offer shows a Bed Choice option and one of the options is a configuration that will work for your family.

Let us know your thoughts on the above so that we know which service(s) would be an option for you for this trip and we will take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Loop for $159 (you may see a slightly different price) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Pet Friendly.

This would be a possible match for the Monaco. If so, would be a great deal and terrific hotel choice. I'm seeing this when I search for 2 adults/2 children. You may not see it when searching for 2 adults only.

Let me know if you have any city questions, as well.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Im seeing it for $140???

I'm also seeing it for $140 now. 

4.5* Loop w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Pet Friendly.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please think about what you really want from this stay and what is most important to you for this trip... ability to get bedding that will accommodate everyone in your family, nicest hotel within your budget, best value within your budget, location, etc.

AaronJB knows this area extremely well, if you let us know exactly what your goal is for this stay, and your maximum budget, i'm sure he will suggest the best options for you.

Also, if you recall, please follow-up your previous Hotwire Montreal thread with whatever you ultimately decided to do for that trip. Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you can get the Monaco for $140, I'd not hesitate to take that. If you are searching for 2 adults and 2 children, you should get bedding for the whole party. That may mean 2 beds or 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed.

If you are searching on PRICELINE EXPRESS and aren't seeing bed choice, there's a real risk that you get one bed.

The air show is on the 16th as well. If you are not going to be in the city until later on the 16th and want to be here on the 15th, that's understandable. However, if you are going to be in early on the 16th and can see the whole show, I would not move your dates to be able to see the show more than once. It's a good show, but I think it's the kind of thing where you can watch it for a couple of hours and if you decide that either 1) it's too hot to be out on the beach to watch or 2) would just rather do something else, then Lincoln Park Zoo is right nearby.

If you do want to consider shifting dates, please let us know the full list of amenities for the listing in question.

If you click on the listing, then click on "book now", then 'see all amenities', do you see internet access in addition to free internet?

If so, I'd guess the Hyatt on St Clair.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

That's a very nice Hyatt property. If pool isn't a must, I'd also recommend the 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $135 (you may see a slightly different price) w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

-- That would likely be the James.

I don't think you could go wrong either way. If you want a boutique hotel, I'd go with the James (4.5, Mag Mile-RN, Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.) If a boutique isn't what you're looking for, I'd go with the potential Hyatt.

Just booked the room for 8/16-8/18 for $138 per night.  Got the 4.5 star James Hotel.  Never stayed there but it seems nice.  Thank you guys for all your help!

I think this is an excellent choice, with rooms at the James that are somewhat bigger than most and a terrific location both fairly close to the River and right off Michigan Ave. Please let me know if you have any city questions or need recommendations (if you need restaurant recommendations, let me know likes/dislikes.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]