Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Universal Orlando - I-Drive North) Crowne Plaza Universal

jtflash1
By jtflash1,
in

Thoughts on what place this might be?  Hopefully I have done this correctly and provided all info.  Thanks!

Shows original price $202 (crossed out) and at one point today showed "new" price of $80, then went to $81.  Switched back and forth between $80 & $81.

95% Recommended!  Amazing!

Dates are July 16 - 25

2 Adults

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Resort, Studio, Daily housekeeping, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Front desk, 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Kitchenette

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you decide to do for this stay (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

What is it that you are looking for from this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We were planning to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek...but I always try to check ALL options...including hotwire, priceline, etc.  I previously did not know about this site and discovered it reading on the DISBoards for Disney planning.  So, I decided to check it out yesterday.  Not knowing and the fear is what usually keeps us from booking the "unpublished" hotels.  BUT, $81-82 per night for a 4 star is a pretty good deal and we can stay for 8 or 9 nights for the same price as 7 at WBC.

We are still planning and exploring prices...gathering all info possible.  We are waiting for a bonus check to come in at the end of the month...if it is what we think it is going to be, then we will book something..probly the deal I originally posted about.  But, if the bonus check is less, then we may have to adjust length of the trip or possibly cut it altogether.  

I will be sure to follow up no matter what we do and post here.  If we don't go it will not be because of anything discovered here....as mentioned IF we go, then we will most likely book the above deal (because of the info learned here) if it is still available and we will be sure to use the links here.

Hopefully this explains my purpose for being here and our intentions and what we hoped to gain for posting here....I was just hoping to get an idea of what hotel the posted criteria might be.  I fully understand that there is no guarantee, but it gives me something to look at.  Our intentions are in no way shape or form to mislead anyone here or take advantage of this site.  Just looking to gain as much as possible.  We are both teachers and don't have tons of money, so when we look to spend this much (like most everyone) we want the best bang for our buck.

Thanks for your time and help!!

No worries...

Sometimes users only update the thread if they book a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE hotel (and not follow-up if they book a regular rate hotel, cancel the trip, etc). Your previous post seemed to indicate that you would only follow-up the thread if you booked this property, so i was just clarifying that we would appreciate a follow-up no matter what you decide for this trip.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As I mentioned in a reply to my first post on the 4* Downtown Disney hotel.....we are still comparing prices trying to find that point where we find the best locale/amenities/niceness for the price.

So, this is a comparison quest....

3* Disney's Maingate West

Original price of $115 crossed out....$36 (was $35 at one point)..again fluctuating between 35 - 36

75% recommended

Dates -- July 16 - 24 for 2 adults

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

Any help is greatly appreciated.....as this place is about half of the place in my first post...even after figuring resort fees for this place.

Just looking to compare the two...in case we need to adjust our budget once we receive the bonus check that is going to hopefully pay for this trip.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Please wait until your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward and commit to a hotel before seeking additional hotel identifications. Researching hotels can be a time consuming process, and the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE offers can change quickly, so the properties (and rates) currently available may not be the ones that are offered once you're ready to book.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

We are going to purchase and probably today....have decided to go thru Hotwire.  So, since we are ready to move forward...here are the two we are looking at...

1st Hotel

July 16-24

Universal Orlando - I drive North area Hotel

Original price 335 crossed out -- $82-83

80% recommended - Good

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2nd Hotel

July 16-24

Disney maingate West

Original price 115 - down to 36

75% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby

Thanks for your time and help!

Best guess/comments for each:

1st Hotel

July 16-24

--> is this one 4 star rated? If so, my guess would be the Crowne Plaza Universal

2nd Hotel

July 16-24

Disney maingate West

--> is this one 3* rated? If so, my guess here would be the Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

My apologies not including the star rating....it was a 4*

I used the HOTWIRE link in your reply....booked for $82/night July 16-24 and it was/is indeed the Crowne Plaza! We are set for our trip!

Thanks for your time and input!

Below is the info I submitted for your review and what came under the Hot Rate tab...for a 4*

July 16-24

Original price 335 crossed out -- $82-83

80% recommended - Good

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your trip!

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]