Priceline Hotel: 3/4* Hotel SFO Jun 19-20 for below $150

manumaan
By manumaan,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a 3* OR 4* Hotel in SFO for Jun 19-20th. I would like to keep the cost under $150.

I would like to stay either near Presidio or in downtown. 

Priceline shows a location as Richmond near Presidio which i could not find anywhere else.

I am a stark newbie at this which will be evident from the questions below. Thanks in advance and sorry if i offend you.

Wondered what to start my opening bid at? What should be my strategy?

The rooms given by Priceline on bids, what kind of rooms are they? I have my wife and baby with me, I would like to get a King bed if possible.

I am afraid by default i would be given a Queen bed. If i have to change the room on arrival, how much will i have to pay?

How long before the date do i get to know the hotel and room i won?

Thanks

Manu

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few question of our own to get started and point you in the right direction...

1) hold old is your baby

2) Bed Type is not guaranteed by PRICELINE, all that is guaranteed is a room that will accommodate double occupancy. If this is a 'deal breaker' you could still use PRICELINE EXPRESS where offers show a 'BED CHOICE' option and you can look at any of these offers to see if any of the choices listed are for a King bed (or HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy)

If you start with your sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, filter to only show hotels that are rated 3 star and above, you can zoom in/out on the map and see that most hotels are well into the $225+ (at the 3 star level... may of the 4* properties go substantially higher). As San Francisco is an expensive hotel city, and this is just a one nite stay, it's a good time to give PRICELINE / HOTWIRE a try... you may love the experience and use it for all your future trips, OR if you have a disappointing experience it's just one nite and you'll gain for the experience (and as i say, i can usually put up with just about anything for one nite ;) ). However, if you're already anticipating a bad stay and that you'll need to change rooms, then the opaque providers may not be the best option for you.

Let us know your thoughts and the information above and we will take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are a few new offerings which were not present yesterday... if you're willing to accept any 4* hotel in the zone(s) you choose then you're likely looking at the $165-$185 range... all though PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the USE-Nob Hill zone for $192/nite which would ensure you a King sized bed:

4* Union Square East:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

... my guess for this one would be the Sir Francis Drake

For a similar price (but no guarantee of bed size) i'm also seeing what appears to be the Hotel Nikko San Francisco, should this be of any interest.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]