Priceline Hotel: Need some bidding help in Somerset PA 2 - 21/2 star

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

You've always been helpful. Hoping you can help this time.

I need a room for one night on Sunday 5/31 near Somerset PA. (There are some in Johnstown but seem pricier). Trying to hold under $50.

Here's what I found.

Priceline Express has a 2 star for $48.

Using Priceline's full list I found Baymont Inn for $64, Days inn For $59.A1Economy In for $59 (not a chain). These are a dollar less than booking through Trip Advisor but no extra fees ($5.00 in taxes though).

When I search the BB list I only see one pricey $10 + hotel.

The prices quoted above are both cancelable and pay at the hotel.

The reviews seem to show that the Baymont and Days Inn might have least issues.

Somerset falls in the Altoona-Duncansville Area and is listed as region 3. I don't want another region - though a 2.5 in Johnstown would be acceptable for under $50.

I'll take a 2 or 2.5 star at a price that is good discount (could I get as low as $30.)) since there will a priceline fee? Priceline show a 1, 2, 2.5 and 3 as possible ones. Since I can't cancel, I don't want to invest too much. 

So, did I give you enough info to guide me? I WILL use the BB link to bid.

Thanks

Steve

The prices quoted above are both cancelable and pay at the hotel.

For the future you can use our sister site RefundableRates.com when you need to check for rates that are refundable (and/or near a specific location as the interface is perfect for that)

... though a 2.5 in Johnstown would be acceptable for under $50.

Regardless of whether you think the zone is too expensive, list all zones that are acceptable.

I'll take a 2 or 2.5 star at a price that is good discount...

You don't know how much of a discount the hotel will be vs. 'retail' rates for the same hotel since you don't know which hotel it is that you will receive... how much would you be willing to bid for a 2.5* property? How much (if different) for a 2* property? Are you willing to pay more for a 2.5* vs. a 2* OR is the goal the least expensive 2 star or better?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know the above and we will take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My preference would be for a first try for either a 2 star or 2.5 * in Somerset or Johnstown  areas only at $30/night, I would go to $35 night for a 2.5 * is either location.  I don't see bidding more than $40 for a two star as the PL fee will bring it in line with cancelable fees.

Thanks for a prompt reply. And I WILL go though BB PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Also, I don't see how I can get an email alert when you reply. I used to be able to do that.

I LOVE BB!

Steve

Unfortunately there are no re-bid zones when bidding 2* or 2.5* in this region.

Given i think your chances are low to begin with, i would suggest bidding as follows:

Select 2* Somerset...

Bid $27, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2* Johnstown...

Bid $27, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* Somerset and Johnstown...

Bid $35, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2* Somerset and Johnstown...

Bid $30

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Also, I don't see how I can get an email alert when you reply. I used to be able to do that.

On the top right of this thread is a link/button to 'Follow this topic'

I LOVE BB!

I see we have the same bumper sticker on our cars! :D Thanks for the compliments and glad to hear you like the site.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare: I have to refresh my memory as to how to follow a thread.

I had a change in plans and was able to get a MUCH lower air fare (using miles) to/from Pittsburgh so I'll be flying and not driving and won't need the hotel.

Again, I thank you for your time and I'll be back here again over the summer for your annual guidance on booking hotels in Plymouth Meeting/ Horsham area.

Steve

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]