Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero)

IndiPar
By IndiPar,
in

Ideally, I would like a 4* in the FD-E area and I have plenty of time to bid.
Would be Sunday 3rd of April, 2016 for 2 nts.
Wondered what to start my opening bid at?
I get free rebids by adding another area, correct?

Thanks!

*Could moderator please change the date(s)?
(Should be 4/3 - 4/5/16)

Please provide a follow-up for your old St.Louis hotwire thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay.

I get free rebids by adding another area, correct?

Yes, but you need to add specific zones that qualify as re-bid zones. Please read this link to start with: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and let us know if you have any additional questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Also let us know your max budget/night before tax/fee's

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

My plans for St. Louis fell through.  Do you still need an update?

Yes - specific zones that *don't* have any 4* hotel options.  Looking at the Priceline San Francisco area there seems to be many that don't:

Civic Center South - Hayes Valley

Japan Town - Civic Center North

Marina - Lombard Street

Richmond

SFO North - San Bruno

South San Francisco

Max budget would be $120/nt.

My plans for St. Louis fell through.  Do you still need an update?

Yes please. Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

For your San Francisco trip next year you're re-bid zones are correct (but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked) but at current rates $120 is not realistic for a 4* hotel in this zone.

Is the Financial District the only zone you're willing to accept, OR are USE and/or USW also accepted but not included as you think they will be more expensive and less likely to win a hotel there?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any 4* area (USE, USW, SOMA, etc) would be fine.

To avoid any confusion, please list the zones (by PRICELINE name) that you're willing to accept. For example, San Mateo has 4* hotels but is far from 'downtown' San Francisco... is this acceptable??

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With this expanded list of zones i think that $120 will still currently be too low, but you'll more likely need to be in the $145-$165 area. To give it a try you can bid as follows:

When bidding 4* in San Francisco you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE, USW, Financial District, FW...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE, USW, Financial District, SOMA...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial District, FW, SOMA, USE, USW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]