Priceline Hotel: NYC- May 29-31

CrazyTown
By CrazyTown,
in

Hello all-

I'm new to this board and biddign in general so I'll apologize in advance for my silly questions!

I'm looking to for 2 nights in NYC- arriiving Friday 5-29 and departing on Sunday 5-31.

A few questions....

Am I better off bidding now or waiting until we get closer to the actual dates?

Does anyone know roughly how much I will add on top of the room proce for the crazy NYC taxes and room charges per night?

Looking to stay in TImes Square- or somewhere close- don't mind walking a little but don't want to be down towards teh financial district.

We will have our 2 kids with us so 2 queen/full beds would be needed as opposed to 1 king.

Thank you for any insight!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed (a high probability in NYC where hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, and rooms with two beds are often considered to be an upgrade). While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)... or a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer which shows a 'Bed Choice' option and one of the options listed will accommodate the needs of your family.

As most of your choices will be limited by your budget, what is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept and what is your maximum budget per nite? (before fees/taxes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Searching HOTWIRE for 3adults i'm seeing what appears to be (prices are before taxes/fees):

Park Central Hotel (although a few other possibilities for this one as well) for $195/nite

Club Quarters Grand Central for $197/nite

The Lexington New York City for $209/nite

Omni Berkshire Hotel for $223/nite

Hilton Fashion District for $224/nite

Warwick for $235/nite

Affinia Shelburne for $239/nite

... any of the above work for your needs and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What i believed to be the Park Central is now gone and been replaced by what looks like the Hudson Hotel.

Of the hotels above, the Lexington, Omni, and Warwick are the nicest of the lot, imo. (The Lexington not quite as nice as the others, but at ~$25/nite less it is a good value if you're trying to stay within a budget)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

The Westin Times Sq is $259 a night on Priceline for 2 Queen Beds- any way to get a better deal there?

Both discount services require flexibility. There is no way to guarantee a particular hotel via either service.

Also, if you are three adults I would focus on HOTWIRE.

With HOTWIRE, you are presented with a set of listings for your dates with star rating, zone, amenities and price. You are told the hotel after purchase and at that point it cannot be cancelled. You are limited to what hotels are showing for your dates, there is usually one hotel per star rating per zone per set of dates, but sometimes there can be 2-3.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]