Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Intercontinental Chicago

lmasterz
By lmasterz,
in

Hello

I want to book a hotel in Chicago with the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals on May 25th - 26th (1 night)

Here is the ameninties of what I am interested in.

• 4* hotel (Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area Hotel)

Ameninities: Restaurant, Fitness Center, Free Internet, Business Center

Rating: 9+ 

• 4.5* hotel (North Michigan Ave - River North Area Hotel)

Amenitites: Indoor/Outdoor pool, Pets, Restaurant, Fitness center, Business Center

I can't seem to find what the 4* is on he list available on the website. Any ideas? The 4.5* hotel seems to be Intercon or Omni hotel. Is that right?

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you look under the fine print for the 4.5* listing, there is a mention of the "Grand Tower" under the pets policy, so this would lead me to believe the Intercontinental would be the likely result in this case.

The 4* Loop has not been ID'd/reported, but I'd guess it may be the Blackstone Renaissance with a slightly different amenity set than has been previously reported.

There are quite a few options around this price range for this night - are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm very familiar with Chicago and would be happy to offer suggestions/options.

For example, I see what is likely the Wyndham Grand Riverfront for $104 on HOTWIRE and what looks like the Godfrey (very nice hotel, but the only warning would be to call ahead for a higher floor, as there's a restaurant/club on the 4th floor) for $99. I also see what looks like the Hyatt (on St Clair) for $100 and the Blackstone Renaissance for $88.

I also see what appears to be the James on HOTWIRE for $105, but only when you search for 2 adults/2 children.

So, quite a few appealing options, depends on what you are looking for.

Let me know if any of these would be of interest and I would be happy to point out which is which. You may also see slightly different prices than I do.

Out of the two you mention, the potential IC would certainly be preferable from a location standpoint.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you Aaron for this very useful information. 

I am not really looking for anything specific per se in terms of hotel. I just want a nice hotel (and not bad  location) with a nice room and possibly a nice view too such as the Hyatt Regency next to Wacker (having a view looking at the river) which I stayed at prior. I wouldn't mind it again, and don't mind trying something new either. 

Location wise I think IC beats them all. Don't you think?

The James is pretty much a couple of blocks away. The issue with the Intercontinental is that if you are looking for a view, I'd call ahead and request not to be put in a room facing North as many of the rooms on the North face of the newer building look square into the building next door, which is very close. That property has a great history and a solid location, but there is the risk you could get something with pretty much zero view.

The Wyndham Grand Riverfront is just on the other side of the Michigan Ave bridge from the Intercontinental. River view is an upgrade, but you could at least have a partial view of the surrounding area. 

I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Loop w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $104

-- Would be a possible match for the Wyndham.

When searching for 2a/2c, I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $105 w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- Would be a possible match for the James.

Not likely a view at the James aside from the surrounding area, but very nice hotel a few blocks from the IC.

Please let me know if you have any questions before booking and thank you for keeping us updated.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this historic property and hope you are looking forward to your stay. If you have any Chicago questions, please let me know.

I'd call them and ask to not be in a room on the North face of the building, if at all possible. If they can have you facing West (Michigan Ave view) or East, great. Personally, when I've stayed there or gone there for a wedding, I've stayed in (or wound up looking at) rooms in the new tower that literally faced the building (which is very close) next door.

Also, even if you are not going to use it, I'd still highly recommend taking a look at the pool area - it's an incredibly historic pool (one of the first public pools on a high floor) and the area is quite beautiful. I didn't take it, but I believe the hotel offers audio tours of the historic elements of the property.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]