Priceline Hotel: 4* DC

drewb
By drewb,
in

At current rates i don't think your budget of $150 all-in is realistic... using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best deal you're able to find at a 4* hotel in a 'centrally located' part of DC?

Are you able to increase your budget? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Cheapest I've seen is the Omni Shoreham at around $180 per night (at current exchange rates) including all taxes etc from a uk website.

However, I appreciate from searching for information, that this hotel might not be located in an ideal area for sightseeing.

I'd prefer not to split bids at the moment, although it might be an option if I cant find affordable 4* accommodation.

Thanks for the input.  

If not accepted up to $180 all-in would you take the Omni, increase your budget, lower your star rating, or SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Is the rate at the Omni refundable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's much easier for us if you list the room rate per nite before taxes/fees so that we can easily compare to other rates we are seeing when we try to assist with your stay.

That rate at the Omni is very good compared to what i'm currently seeing for your dates, so i would book that as a back-up... then sign up for alerts using our RateDrop service so you will know when anything in your desired zones for your dates drops below the back-up rate that you have at the Omni. (besides alerts from PRICELINE EXPRESS and Hot.wire, you should also sign up for an alert with the Omni hotel specifically to know if/when the rate drops below the current back-up rate you have booked)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Let us know how we can be of further help with this stay and what you ultimately end up doing.

Keep us updated on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Having considered increasing my budget, I have found a 4.5* hotel on Hotwire that I think is the Melrose Hotel at $183 per night

Would you be so kind as to check and offer your expert opinion?  The amenties are listed as :

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Many Thanks

drewb

Yes, the Melrose Hotel would be my best guess for this one.

I'm also seeing for similar prices The Madison a Loews Hotel and The Dupont Circle Hotel should these be of any interest.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]