Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Central Park South) Hudson, a Morgans Original

tweatherup
By tweatherup,
in

Hello,

Have been eyeing this property for a while now. Anticipated travel dates are August 13, 2015-Aug 18, 2015.

Hotwire Price 175.00 USD compared to 284.00 with a 70 percent recommend rate.

Amenities include:

Free Internet

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Internet Access

Restaurant

The location and star rating are very tempting but I am a little worried about the low recommended  percent. Any help would be appreciated!!

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported but a guess would be the Algonquin with a slightly different amenity set than has been seen previously. The Novotel with a slightly different amenity set would be a slightly lesser guess.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

My dates are confirmed now for Aug 13-18. Booking a rewards flight and using hotwire has turned out to be quite a chore! Hopefully I can get some serious savings to make up for the grunt work. 

Do you have any suggestions for those dates? Im willing to stay anywhere in midtown (east or central), times square or empire. I'd like to keep it around 200 dollars a night. The selection and price doesnt seem great for my dates right now. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks for your help

The rooms are notoriously small, but the Hudson Hotel is well located and at $129/nite are cheap (or $144/nite for what is likely a more reasonably sized room).

Some other options:

Wyndham New Yorker for $147/nite

The Mansfield for $167/nite

The Lexington for $146/nite

Doubletree Metropolitan for $162/nite

TRYP Times Square South for $162/nite

Any of the above of interest? If not, other than 'anything in midtown', what is it that you're looking for from this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the list of options!

The Lexington does look good for that price....

I wasn't able to find the Hudson hotel in my search, but that seems like a very funky hotel.

I am going to NYC for the second time to celebrate a very special occasion with my partner. My first stay was at the Edison Hotel and it didn't do much for me. We want to be close to shopping, and maybe a couple of museums. Walking distance to the park would also be nice. I know NYC rooms are small, but the more space the better.

A hotel like 'The Archer' looks very good to me. Any recommendations on hotwire that would compare with this property?

Thanks again for the advice!

If you click this link to a 4 star Central Park South hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) you should see the following amenities:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

... this is what i believe to be the Hudson Hotel (and if room size is an issue/desire at all i'd recommend the higher priced room... as noted, standard rooms here are very small). Prices are now $130/$144 respectively.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Went with the PL express deal and booked the Hudson. Very excited to stay at this property! The price was higher if I included Wednesday night (I actually fly in Wednesday August 12 late) so I guess I'll be using Hot.wire or Price.line to book a hotel in Newark for half a night. Any tips on hotels near the airport? I'd like to keep it under 150. Only thing I really care about for that night is cleanliness.

Thanks for all your help!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that we were able to help.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. For assistance with your Newark stay please start a NEW TOPIC in the Priceline New Jersey section of the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]