Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Montreal (Old Montreal - Convention Center) InterContinental Montreal

akaLLoYD
By akaLLoYD,
in

Hello all.  New here.  Hope I'm doing this right.

I've been shooting for one night in a 4* in downtown Montreal Saturdy April 25th.  Started pretty darn low and so far it looks like I'm not going to luck into a crazy bargain.  Here arfe my bids so far.  If you have any guidance, I'd love to hear it.  Otherwise I'll keep racheting up my bids and I'll let you know the eventual outcome.  And I'll be sure to always use the PRICELINE link from this website!  Thanks!

Bidding history so far:

Seeking 4* for Sat April 25. . .four stars or more. . .no win so far.   

10 Old Montreal    $70    4/14/2015    16:30
10 Old Montreal . . . 7 Festival Area    $75    4/14/2015    16:38
10 Old Montreal . . .7 Festival Area. . . 8 Financial District    $80    4/14/2015    16:42

10 Old Montreal    $85    4/15/2015    16:33
10 Old Montreal . . . 7 Festival Area    $90    4/15/2015    16:35

8 Financial District    $85    4/16/2015    16:20
10 Old Montreal . . . 8 Financial District    $90    4/16/2015    16:24
10 Old Montreal . . .7 Festival Area. . . 8 Financial District    $95    4/16/2015    16:26
11 Old Montreal . . .7 Festival Area. . . 8 Financial District. . .9 Latin Qrt    $100    4/16/2015    16:30

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Additionally, please read this thread regarding re-bidding in terms of using additional zones and please let us know if you have any questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages. (which will remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

To confirm, all four 'downtown' zones:

Montreal Downtown - Festival Area

Montreal Downtown - Financial District

Montreal Downtown - Latin Quarter

Old Montreal - Convention Centre

... are acceptable?

If so, you're not very far off from a win... but you can improve upon your bidding strategy. Let us know if you're willing to bid up to another $10-$15 more for this stay (which i believe will be enough for a win) and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, all four downtown zones are acceptable.  Later today I plan to increase my bids by $5 incraments using the same approach I did yesterday.  But now that I've read the "Bidding Again" post, I know I can just keep adding in zones-without-four-star-hotels (there are several) until I get a win in the zones I want. I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the help!

Even without using re-bid zones, this would be a better approach:

Select 4* Old Montreal...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Festival...

Select 4* Financial...

Select 4* Latin Quarter...

Select 4* Old Montreal and Festival...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Financial and Latin Quarter...

Bid $103, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Old Montreal and Financial...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Festival and Latin Quarter...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Old Montreal and Latin Quarter...

Bid $108, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Festival and Financial...

Bid $108, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Old Montreal, Festival, Financial...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Old Montreal, Festival, Latin Quarter...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Old Montreal, Festival, Financial, Latin Quarter...

Bid $113

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello again.  Here's an update.  I've bid as you suggested (thank you very much!) and right now I'm at $110 and still no win.  I'm going to keep trying, although with the total cost no at $138 I may soon need to start considering 3.5* hotels.

One odd thing.  All my bids today have generated a "We're still working on your request" message.  Sure slows down the bidding.  I'm wondering if this is happening because I'm logging into priceline (to avoid retyping my info again and again) or if this is just a coincidence?  Should I be logging into Priceline?  Does that detract from my chances of getting a win?  Thank you!

Occasionally the message appears when it's taking a little longer for the service to search to see if any hotels will accept. It doesn't effect chances of a win.

I'm seeing a 4.5* in Downtown Montreal for $117 on Hot.wire and a 4.5* in the Old Montreal/Convention Centre for $93 on Hot.wire for 4/25, check-out 4/26. Given that you're at $110, why not go for one of those instead?

Thank you AaronJB.  I am laughing.  Like I said in my first post, I'm pretty new to PriceLine bidding.  It didn't occur to me that HotWire could be less expensive than PriceLine.  Thanks for telling me about the HotWire "4.5* in Downtown Montreal for $117 on HOTWIRE and a 4.5* in the Old Montreal/Convention Centre for $93."

So using Hotwire (via the BetterBidding link of course) I bought 4* at US$93 in Old Montreal the night of April 25.  The total with taxes came to US$122.  We'll be staying at. . . .The Intercontinental.

I checked the Intercontinental's website and it listed the best available rate as CA$188 (not including tax)  -- or US$153.  So all and all, US$93 seems a pretty good discount off the going rate.

Lesson:  Don't get so caught up in the PriceLine bid and counter bid, and miss what Hotwire is offering.  Thanks again for the help!

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this well-reviewed property and glad you are looking forward to your stay.  I think this may have been the last room, as I'm not seeing this listing when searching now.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your Hot.wire account (click "My Account" in the upper corner of Hot.wire). Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanx for the follow-up!

But can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities (including the accessible) that are currently showing in the MY ACCOUNT link for this purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Fair enough.  Here you go:

Pet friendly
    Indoor pool(s)
    Fitness center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Internet access

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired
    Accessible for hearing impaired
    Accessible path of travel
    In-room accessibility
    Accessible bathroom
    Accessible parking
    Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]