Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen) Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side

ukfanusa
By ukfanusa,
in

Hi

First time posting in this forum.

I am going to NYC on 06/19 for two nights and I need triple occupancy. Should I take a risk with Priceline (or) just book with Hotwire for 3 persons in a room?

Also, it will be my first time in NYC and I mainly want to see the Empire state building, State of liberty and Central park. With that being the case, which area should i stay which will be convenient ? 

Please note that PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, after that is at the discretion of the hotel. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Whether they will/can or not depends upon a LOT of different factors, including what is available at the time of your check-in, how many rooms with two beds are offered at the hotel and what they need to accommodate other guests for your dates, hotel policy etc.

NYC is "famous" for small rooms and we never recommend anyone who needs a triple occupancy to use the bidding service of PRICELINE. What you can do is to look at the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and keep an out for the listings with a bed choice.

Or the best way is to go with HOTWIRE. HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (up to 4 guests)... this often means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.

For location would I say that you'll be fine with Midtown East, Midtown Central or Times Square.

Please also post your max budget/night before tax fee's.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

• 1 month later...

Updating my previous thread. 

Based on your suggestions for triple occupancy, i decided to go with Hotwire. 

I narrowed my searches to in and around Times square with free breakfast option. 

I decided to go with this one: 

3* NYC hotel - Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area hotel for $197(pre-tax)

Amenities:

Free Internet   Free breakfast   Business center   Fitness center

The hotel turned out to be: 

Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side. (Based on one of the other threads, i had guessed that, so, No surprises!!)

Thanks for your suggestion. I will using this site for my future travel needs!! :-)

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. If you view your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page, do you also see a Hi-Speed Internet amenity listed for this property (in addition to the FREE INTERNET already listed)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]