Priceline Hotel: Waldorf Astoria - 5/14-5/18

TWOKATS2
By TWOKATS2,
in

Hi - I am going to a wedding and would like to stay at the Waldorf or nearby as the wedding is there. Any guidelines on how to accomplish this? I know I want midtown east and 4.5 or 5 star. I am hoping to accomplish for around 200-250/night. Thank you in advance for your help.

There is no way to bid or increase the odds for a particular property. If you bid, you have to be willing to stay at any hotel in the zone picked at the star rating chosen. I do see what appears to be the Westin Grand Central for $243 and the W NY for $190 for these dates. In terms of bidding, a 5* unfortunately will not likely be possible under $250 for these dates and a 4.5* may be difficult - PRICELINE EXPRESS has what appears to be the Benjamin for $292.

Are you willing to stay anywhere within the zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yes I am willing to go in the mte area but have hopes of not too far of a hike to get to the Waldorf. I saw what I think is the Hyatt grand (based upon what I have read on these forums) on Hotwire for 242. How can you tell on Priceline what you are looking at? Once you select midtown east and then you have options to select stars but I don't see how you see what the options may be for the 4 star if you select it, just what amenities are guaranteed.

The options I mentioned are ones I'm seeing on Hot.wire for these dates.

4* MTE $190 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Pet Friendly

-- Likely W NY

4.5* MTE $242 Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa.

--- Likely Westin Grand Central

4* MTE $210 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Likely Lexington.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

With Price.line bidding, you have to be willing to accept any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone picked. There is no way to increase the odds of a particular hotel nor is there a way to get a particular hotel.

PRICELINE EXPRESS allows one to make an educated guess based on the information given, but the information given is often common amenities or few amenities, so it may be difficult to pinpoint down to one possible hotel.

Hot.wire generally offers more amenities and is easier to make an educated guess.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]