Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square West) The Prescott, a Kimpton Hotel

Vida21
By Vida21,
in

Please confirm the star rating that you are bidding on.

These dates are definitely expensive, but it looks like the first night and second night (although especially the first night) are noticeably more expensive. I'd split up the stay to the last three nights, BUT if you do that, I don't think you'll be able to get anything in the core areas of San Fran for the first night. The first night - when viewed separately - is just sky-high. 

Would splitting your stay be acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

...but my flight gets in at 11:58pm on the 22nd.

With a late arrival like that and the high rate downtown, you might consider an airport hotel for the first night.  It does depend upon your subsequent plans, but worth a thought.

Romelle

Would you want to split looking for an airport hotel for the first nite and then staying 'downtown' for the remaining three nites?

If so, i think you're looking in the $125-$150 area for a 3* hotel in the Airport zone for your first nite... then the $150-$175 range for a 4* hotel in the Union Square/SOMA area (maybe $10 less for a 3.5*). Is this acceptable and within your budget/expectations?

Please confirm and we'll have a second look at rates to confirm the rate ranges above and will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let's use this thread for your April 23-26 dates... please start a NEW TOPIC for your nite of 4/22.

For the 'downtown' part of this stay, please confirm the zones (by PRICELINE name) that you're willing to accept and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With a late arrival like that and the high rate downtown, you might consider an airport hotel for the first night.  It does depend upon your subsequent plans, but worth a thought.

Romelle

Thank you Romelle. I am hoping the hotels will be near BART so I don't have to rent a car to check out most tourist attractions.

When bidding 4* in the San Francisco region you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USW...

Select 4* SOMA...

Select 4* USE and USW...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE and SOMA...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* USE, USW, SOMA...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I have read and reread re-bidding this but need clarifications. I think this is similar to what I had been doing. If my first bid in USE is rejected, I have to add another zone (USW) and rebid and $5.00 more, if that gets rejected add SOMA... ? Or am I rebidding the same zone USE and adding an $5.00 more?

I thought I couldn't rebid without adding another zone? I am sorry if my questions are confusing.

Those "re-bid zones" aren't the three you want, but rather six other Priceline zones that don't have 4* or higher bidding (as determined while on the Priceline site).  A detailed discussion of how to determine them is  HERE.

Please post back if you are still unsure about the technique.  It is a little tricky, and vital to get it absolutely clear before you start bidding.  

Romelle

Am I rebidding with USE checked and adding a zone I don't want to be in (that does not have the 4* rating) at an additional $5.00?

Yes, that is essentially it.  Using the technique from the link I posted!

But to be extra careful, maybe you could post the six zones you think are the right ones.    Somebody here will double check them before you proceed.  And it is vital to check before each bidding session.  Things change regularly.

Romelle

If you've read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are having trouble determining your re-bid zones, you can try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

If you've read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and are having trouble determining your re-bid zones, you can try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Thank you all for the help!

Civic Center South-3*

Financial District- 4 1/2*

Fisherman's Wharf- 5*

Japantown- 3 1/2*

Marina- 3*

Richmond- 2*

SF North San Bruno- 3*

SFO International- 4*

SOMA- 5*

San Mateo- 4*

South San Francisco-3 1/2*

Union Square East 4 1/2*

Union Square West 4*

So, by definition, you can see your "free re-bid zones" for 4* bidding are the ones that do not have bidding available at 4* or higher.  I see six in your list which is the correct current count.  

I double-checked your list on the Priceline site just to be sure.  

But if you don't start bidding until some time tomorrow, do just run though a quick check to make sure nothing has changed.  

Good luck!

Romelle

I am hoping the hotels will be near BART so I don't have to rent a car to check out most tourist attractions.

BART is used to get from outlying areas into the city. In San Francisco proper, MUNI is the public transportation option. You can get a 1,3,7 day MUNI visitor pass that allows for unlimited rides of cable cars, buses, F-line trolley, and MUNI subway

Nicely done.   :D

You are a pro now.

Romelle

PS - You might find this useful.  Go into MAPS and HOTELS.com (up in the Tool Box) and search on a 1 mile radius on "san francisco union square west".   On the left side, click on The Prescott.  Then when a little box pops up on the map, click on "SEE NEARBY RESTAURANTS...".  A wonderful map of nearby good stuff appears.  Zoom in on it to get your bearings and figure out where you'll have coffee, shop, bank, etc.

And now your airport hotel for 4/22?  

They are highish for that night, but nowheres near the $300-400 of downtown.  

You might look at Hotwire and Priceline Express first to get a general idea of what to expect.   Usually one can do a little better via Priceline bidding, but then one forgoes being able to select for amenities (shuttle, free breakfast, parking, pool, ??)  and even getting an educated guess from here as to what hotel might be received.  

You are coming in late enough that the hotel shuttles might not be running.

You'll want to start a new thread for this operation, as the board wants to keep each specific trip stay in a separate  thread.  

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]