Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Berlin (Mitte - Alexanderplatz - TV Tower) Hotel Indigo Berlin-Alexanderplatz

hopper82
By hopper82,
in

i need 3 more nights in berlin from 18th to 21st may. i have already purchased the 5 star hilton from 16th to 18th via PE for $85++

(option 1)

first preference is 5 star at checkpoint charlie or brandenburg gate. maximum i would be willing to pay is $80 (pre-tax). can you offer me a bidding strategy ? also note i have already placed a couple of bids for $80 yesterday which were unsucessful. dates were slightly different though. 

(option 2) this - incase option 1 is unsuccessful. 

i would like to buy the 4 star at brandenburg gate for usd 59++ on PE. This hotel is predicted to be Maritim Proarte. Its a 4 star, but location is much better. so i dont mind it in lieu for a lower price.

i am also holding a parallel reservation at another hotel (same dates) which can be cancelled so not much worry.

When bidding 5* in the Berlin region you have SIXTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Checkpoint Charlie...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $79 if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $81, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $82, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $84, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

My guess is that you'll likely need to be in the $90-$110 range, but you can try the above which goes up to your stated maximum bid.

If you do decide to go for the 4* PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel please make note of the amentiies associated with the property before you make your purhcase, and include the amenities in your post.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bidding guidelines and questions for 5 star in berlin 

admin some more general bidding questions..

1) does re-bidding actually increase the probability of getting the hotel ? for example in berlin, getting a 5 star at $60 is a very slim chance. so can i start with first bid with $70 ? and go all the way till $80 in 3 stages ($70, $75, $80). its also ok with me  to pay $5 or $10 more / night...as i will be mite be saving hundreds. 

even i think you might be right about being in the $90-$110 range for berlin. however PE is selling the 5 star for $95 so no point in bidding higher then say $90. 

2) price line allows you to rebid i think after 2 hours. in that case, could i just wait for 2 hours and bid higher for the exact same zone ? Or does adding zones actually help in "neogitating" a better deal ??

3) i would like to know about the relevance of  time in the bidding process. incase, my bid failed today could it work after a couple of days, a week, month etc ?? does it happen that say a $100 bid didnt work today but a $90 bid for the same category would be sucess after a week ?is a bidder better off pausing for a while before bigging again or bidding higher or lower ?

4 star hotel guess on priceline express

admin whats the best guess for the 4 star hotel below (im going to try but not very hopeful of winning the 5 star). i am quite sure its the Maritim Proarte, as no other 4* has a pool in the area. anyway pls let if its your best guess as well & other hotels that are probable. that way it would be less of a shock in case i win anything else (ofcourse the risk is mine !)

priceline express

Brandenburg Gate - Parliment Area Hotel: USD 59 / night
dates 18th to 21st may
Guest Rating: 7+

Amenities:
Free Internet Swimming Pool Pets Allowed Fitness Center Restaurant Business Center

1) does re-bidding actually increase the probability of getting the hotel ? for example in berlin, getting a 5 star at $60 is a very slim chance. so can i start with first bid with $70 ? and go all the way till $80 in 3 stages ($70, $75, $80). its also ok with me  to pay $5 or $10 more / night...as i will be mite be saving hundreds.

Re-bidding doesn't increase the likelihood of success, it only allows you to continue bidding without the 'lock-out' window, as well as enables you to bid in smaller increments which would equate to a 'better' deal. If you don't about a few dollar savings in bid price then you could be all means bid in $5 increments.

however PE is selling the 5 star for $95 so no point in bidding higher then say $90.

This hotel/price wasn't showing for me yesterday, so i think you could indeed lower your expected/target range to be in the $85-$95 range.

2) price line allows you to rebid i think after 2 hours. in that case, could i just wait for 2 hours and bid higher for the exact same zone ? Or does adding zones actually help in "neogitating" a better deal ??

You could wait 2 hours between bids, using re-bid zones just helps you avoid the lock-out period entirely and enables you to make more bids and smaller bid increments in a shorter period of time.

3) i would like to know about the relevance of  time in the bidding process. incase, my bid failed today could it work after a couple of days, a week, month etc ?? does it happen that say a $100 bid didnt work today but a $90 bid for the same category would be sucess after a week ?is a bidder better off pausing for a while before bigging again or bidding higher or lower ?

It's possible that a bid is rejected today at $90 and then in hours/days/weeks the hotel drops is minimum acceptable PRICELINE rate to $90 and the next time you bid at that price it would be accepted... but it's also possible that the 'right' current price is $100/nite and you only bid up to $90, weeks from now you bid up to $100 but by then the hotel has increased the 'right' PRICELINE rate for your dates to $125, so your $100 bid is rejected whereas it would have been accepted weeks prior.

4 star hotel guess on priceline express

priceline express

Brandenburg Gate - Parliment Area Hotel: USD 59 / night

dates 18th to 21st may

Guest Rating: 7+

Amenities:

Free Internet Swimming Pool Pets Allowed Fitness Center Restaurant Business Center

I think the Maritim Proarte Hotel Berlin is a good guess for this one.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

BERLIN, GERMANY •  May 18 - May 21 •  1 room  •  2 adults

The last person got the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie.

HOT RATE HOTEL
Checkpoint Charlie - Gendarmenmarkt - Potsdamer Platz area

offer $75 per night (normal rate $118)

hotel amenities - internet, pet friendly 

100% recommended

i tried but cant figure out. 

best guess ? i wish they had more amenities listed.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Please search using the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com to ensure you're seeing all the amenities. Using this method and clicking the green FULL AMENITIES button i'm seeing the following amenities for this offer:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Hi-Speed Internet

Unfortunately a property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board and given the little amenities/information for this offer i don't have any insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further helpl

ya i tried but couldnt fugure out the hotwire hotel, can you guess this one (am i think  i can then conclude !!)

4 star hotel on priceline express
priceline express

usd $51 / night 
Checkpoint Charlie - Gendarmenmarkt - Potsdamer Platz Area

Hotel dates 18th to 21st may
Guest Rating: 8+
Amenities:
Free Internet  Pets Allowed  Restaurant  Business Center

My best guess for this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be the Winters Hotel Berlin Mitte The Wall... with a secondary guess (and slightly less likely) guess of the Winters Hotel Berlin Mitte AM Checkpoint Charlie)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

this resveration has been pending. and i think, i lost that priceline express deal. going to close on this hotwire hotel ( i am aiming for indigo hotel, which was what the last person got) if you can give your best guess. 

Hotwire 4.5 star

Alexanderplatz, Berlin, Germany •  May 18 - May 21 •  1 room  •  2 adults

The last person got the Hotel Indigo Berlin- Alexanderplatz.

Complimentary  Free Internet
Amenities 

Boutique hotel
  Fitness center
  Restaurant(s)
  Business center

USD 80 / night (sometimes  $77)

95% recommended

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
This is the FULL AMENITY SET i'm seeing when using the method(s) above:

Free Internet

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this is what you're seeing, i'd agree that the Hotel Indigo Berlin-Alexanderplatz would be the best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 weeks later...

i finally ended up making this booking with the Hotwire link on better bidding . as expected it was Indigo Berlin- Alexanderplatz. price went up by usd $4 / night since i was tracking it, but it was still a good deal.

$ 84

Hotwire 4.5 star

Area: Mitte / Alexanderplatz

Alexanderplatz, Berlin, Germany •  May 18 - May 21 •  1 room  •  2 adults

Hotel Amenities

Free Internet
Boutique hotel
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Internet access

thank you !!

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel guessed and that you're pleased with the outcome.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]