It seems Priceline has dropped the 24 hour wait to a 2 hour wait to bid again

TheRealDeal
By TheRealDeal,
in

I've noticed that all of my recent bids are accompanied by an invitation from Priceline to bid again after a waiting period of two hours.

When I looked at the Priceline "Help" page it now says "However, if you'd like to resubmit an identical offer (same price, city, check in and check out dates, and star level) you can come back and submit the same within the time frame stated on the rejected offer screen."

In the email they send it reads as:  "You may try this exact bid again any time after 12:48 PM ET on March 31st 2015"  for example as a response to a rejected bid I made at 10:48 this morning.

This lets one bid in those areas without free rebid zones with 8 or more bids in one day!

I wonder if this is based on the user, area being bid or a general Priceline rule change.

Any ideas?

The lock-out period has been reduced from 24 hours to 2 hours site-wide.

If you need help with your current bidding, or to report your win, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]