Hotwire Hotel: 4* Times Square or Midtown Central 7/19-7/25

seechikgo
By seechikgo,
in

Hi Everyone!

Been perusing this sight for years, and even made a few bids for my young adult kids (because they just wanted a room, lol). And now I find myself needing helps. When I go through Hotwire on here, it says Midtown Central. But if you look at the map, it could also be the theater district. And PL could be Midtown West.  Sheraton Times Square is located on 53rd and 7th. I'm just Hoping for that hotel or something very close as my 15 year old daughter is in a camp there for the same week. And this mom would like to be in the vicinity. Would love to be under $1200. for the 6 nights, though that's not my definite. 

Any helps or which link would you follow?

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

We're glad to hear that you have used the board previously and found it to be useful, but it's also disappointing that this is your first post. It would be appreciated if you shared any future wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information just as you have been helped by those before you. ;)

Since you're looking for a specific location in the zone i would start with PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE.

A quick look at PRICELINE EXPRESS didn't yield me anything i thought would be of interest for your dates and needs, but HOTWIRE did have two interesting options:

4* Midtown Central for $150/nite

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Fitness

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... these amenities (other than the Boutique) are somewhat common for NYC but my guess for this one would be the Sheraton New York (also, if correct, not sure if you want to be in the same hotel as your daughter or just close by)

4.5* Midtown Central for $159/nite

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Fitness

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... best guess for this one would be The Warwick which is a nice hotel (worth the extra $10/nite imo) and would have you just 3 blocks from the Sheraton, close enough to be there if you need to and far enough away to give your daughter a little autonomy.

Do either of these options work for you?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi and Thanks for the reply! In my own defense, the time that I definitely used this sight, was a few years back for my young adults in the family. Booked the 2.5 star Daphne, AL hotel on Hot.wire and got the Country Inn and Suites. The kids (all 12 of them), were very pleased. However, this mom was somewhat intimidated by being online, getting online, and the securities and such, that I didn't post much back then. So, I do apologize! Needless to say, I've gotten braver, lol.! And IF I go this route, I will indeed post my results. Now trying to be brave again and take a chance!

I would love for the 4 star to be Sheraton, but am confused by Hot.wire's own comment about 'boutiques' being smaller establishments, and we know that Sheraton is not small. Do they sometimes throw in adjectives that might or might not fit the hotel? And YES, I would love to be in the same hotel (though I won't see her at all), just for the ease of all of us arriving and leaving together.  Thanks Again!

I wouldn't read into the 'Boutique' classification as much as you are as it's a very loose term... it's not like a Pool amenity where you can either confirm that it does or does not have one; a boutique is more subjective.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide or how we can be of further help. (but i still thin the Warwick would be an excellent choice as it is very nearby... less than a 5 minute walk)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep us updated on your progress and what you ultimately decide for this stay.

Good luck and let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks so much for your time! If I go this route, I'll let you know! :)

Please let us know whatever you decided to do for this stay, even if not PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, you book a regular rate hotel, cancel the trip, etc. as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, and is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

If you decide PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs this trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases (or the links in our Support Page)

Good luck and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]