Priceline Hotel: Any way to guarantee the Coralville Marriott and not the Sheraton Iowa City?

johnbrian2
By johnbrian2,
in

doubt this is possible but is there any way to guarantee I get the the Coralville Marriott and NOT the Sheraton Iowa City?  It looks like if you bid at the $50 - $65 pricepoint at 3-3.5 stars people are getting one or the other and I need the Marriott for a wedding (the wedding is at the hotel) so if I bid and get the Sheraton I'm screwed because I'll have to then book the Marriott anyway.  Maybe one of you experts can tell me something that I'm missing?

What's interesting is the Marriott is $129 a night normally and the Sheraton is $179 a night normally so it seems odd both can be had for $60.

There is no way to target, or avoid, a specific property when bidding on PRICELINE.

You can try PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE where you may be able to guess the hotel offered (or exclude a hotel from the possibilities), but a quick search using our BiddingHelper.com i don't see any 3.5* hotels offered thru either service.

You could book a refundable back-up using RefundableRates.com.. then sign up for alerts at RateDrop to be notified if any 3.5* hotels offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or Hotwire (set a high alert price like $300 so you'll know when any 3.5* inventory becomes available)... as well as an alert for the Marriott (closer to the price of your back-up reservation) so that if rates drop you'll be able to cancel and re-book.

Let us know if any questions for the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you use Maps.Hotels in the Tool Box above and search on your dates and the Coralville Marriott address, you will see several other hotels within 3 or 4 blocks starting at $44.  Maybe walking, or even a short taxi ride, might be an option?  

Romelle

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]