Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Downtown) advice needed Please

venom
By venom,
in

I am looking for a 1 night pre-cruise stay at the Intercontinental Miami on December 11 (2015). Best price I could find is $162 + taxes/fees about 200/night.

I see from the PRICELINE list that there are only two 4* hotels listed (Intercontinental and Hyatt Regency). I'm thinking it might be easy to identify and win on my own bid?

Any suggestions on trying to get this specific hotel and a good start-bid/buy-bid?

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Columbus thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

As far as bidding on for a specific hotel, you're not able to bid on a specific hotel nor does PRICELINE show any specific hotel information about the hotel you are bidding on, so there is no way to target a specific property when bidding.

What looks to be the InterContinental is offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $152/nite ($183 all-in)... would this be of interest and worth locking in now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry. I guess I missed the sister site recommendations on my last trip. Will do going forward.

The priceline hotel list only shows 2 hotels under the 4* so I was hoping to bid and get that hotel versus the other choice (Hyatt Regency).

$183 all in isn't bad but I was hoping to get a better rate by using Price.line bidding (Previous trip last year around same time I snagged same hotel for $119 via LMT)?

The priceline hotel list only shows 2 hotels under the 4* so I was hoping to bid and get that hotel versus the other choice (Hyatt Regency).

I understand what you want to do, but how do you intend to target the InterContinental and avoid the Hyatt?

If you're also willing to accept the Hyatt (or some other 4* property in the zone not yet known) then you can try for a better price by bidding, but there is no way to avoid a particular property in the zone when bidding... your only other option would be PRICELINE EXPRESS (where i believe the InterContinental is offered for $152/nite or HOTWIRE (where the InterContinental is offered for more than the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed.

Yes. I'd like to see if I could possibly bid and get the Intercontinental a bit cheaper, but I belive I'd be happy with the Hyatt Regency if the price is good.

I only show 2 hotels in the Priceline list for downtown right (Hyatt and Intercontinental)?

The Hyatt and InterContinental are the only 4 star hotels that have been reported to the board, keep mind that 1) there could always be others that have not yet been reported, and 2) the star rating you choose is the minimum you're willing to accept, so your 4* bid could be upgraded to a higher rated property.

At what price would you be happy with any 4* (or higher) hotel in the zone?

I think your maximum bid of $120/nite (~$140 all-in) will not be enough, but if you want to give it a try:

When bidding 4* in Miami you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

If the above is rejected and the likely InterContinental is worth $152/nite ($183 all-in, which is better than your $200/nite back-up above) this 4 star Miami Downtown hotel for $152/nite is believed to be the InterContinental. This offer shows a 9.0+ user review rating, which is consistent with the InterContinental, and you can be assured it's not the Hyatt since that property's user review rating is currently at 7.8. (and should it be something other than the InterContinetnal, you're assured of a 'very nice' property given the 9+ user review rating)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't link to results and instead list the room rate and amenity set as the links won't work in the future when others re-visit this thread.

Best guess for the one above would indeed be the InterContinental.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]