Hotwire Hotel: Help to ID 4* Orlando MCO area

KenD
By KenD,
in

Here's where I'm at.  I've got a 5:30am flight on 6/9/15 so a room at the Hyatt, which is INSIDE the airport, would be sweet.  Using Bidding Helper, I'm coming up with two 4* hotels in the MCO zone for one night, June 8th (2 adults, 2 kids).

The first appears in both the Hotwire tab and Hotwire Easy View at $91 with these amenities:

Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access.  4.5* on Trip Advisor and 90% recommended.

Second one appears only in the Hotwire tab at $125.  Only amenities are:

Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center and Restaurant(s).  4.5* on Trip Advisor and 95% recommended.

I'm thinking the second might be the Hyatt.  No shuttle?  Could that be a "tell" for "in the airport."  No pool, though... Hyatt MCO has a pool...

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Ken

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

I'm seeing:

4* MCO Shuttle, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business

-- This amenity set has been seen with the Hyatt and Renaissance. Both have the same amenities and same tripadvisor rating so there is no way to tell them apart.

4* MCO Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. It may be a different/new amenity set for one of the two above properties or something else not yet reported to the board.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOT.WIRE or PRICE.LINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the follow up.  Senior moment:  I knew that Hotwire required more "click-throughs" for the full list of ammenities and had forgotten.

I've got a little time.  I'll keep an eye on the board to see if someone reports a booking that sheds more light on this.  

Regards,

Ken

I'll keep an eye on the board to see if someone reports a booking that sheds more light on this.

Our Win Alert service will let you know when hotels in this zone are reported to the board... and our RateDrop service will monitor rates for these dates in this zone to let you know if/when the price drops at all (both are free).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

that's great.  I did not know that tool existed.  Got a question:  on the alert tool, I'd like to be notified of ANY win that's 4* in Orlando-MCO.  What should I set the "check in" and "check out" dates at so that I get that result?  I don't want to use my actual travel dates if that would cause me to lose an alert that did not match those.

Thanks,

Ken

It's been awhile since i worked on this but i believe you should be able to use today's check-in and a check-out date of whatever you'd like (3 months after your own travel dates, 6 months, a year (although it may be restricted to 330 days into the future)... then set the maximum price at a very high number, say $999.

This should give you an email for any hotel that is less than $999 that is reported within the date range (and star rating and zone) that you have chosen. Also, note that you'll need to set one alert for PRICELINE and one alert for HOTWIRE.

Let us know if you have any other issues or questions above the Win Alerts (which is also available as an app (both iOS and Android)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]