Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) InterContinental Chicago

tanyamc13
By tanyamc13,
in

I wondered if you can give me a little help on trying to figure out hotels on Hotwire for our Chicago Stay 4/25-4/28

I'm looking only at Magnificent Mile Area - River North.  I'm just trying to find the best deal for the nicest room.  My dad has never been to Chicago before, so I'm trying to create the best experience possible.

4.5 *  $167 ($333) 85% recommended

Amenities:  pet friendly, indoor pool(s), smoke-free rooms, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, internet access, accessible for visually impaired

I think that it's the Intercontinental, but not sure.

Also wanted to see what your thoughts are for some of the 4 star hotels listed

4* $119 ($268)- 90% recommended

Amenities:  pet friendly, indoor pool(s), smoke free rooms, fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, internet access

4* $142 ($205) - 75% recommended

Amenities: pet friendly, boutique hotel, indoor pool(s), fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, self-service laundry, internet access

4 * $125 ($189) 70% recommended

Amenities:  free internet, boutique hotel, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), business center, spa services, accessible for visually impaired

Is this the Hotel Felix or Godfrey Hotel?

$* - $152 ($205) 95% recommended

Amenities:  free internet, boutique hotel, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), spa services

Thanks for any help that you can give!  I really appreciate it.

Looking at a 4.5 * hotel in Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park

$123 ($316)  95% recommended

boutique hotel, indoor pool(s), fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, self-service laundry, internet access, tennis nearby

Do you think that this could be the Swissotel?  Or the Fairmont?

Seems like an amazing deal....

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

It looks like these are the full amenities through Bidding Helper

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Full amenites listed through Bidding Helper (it doesn't look like all of the hotels are listed through bidding helper):

4.5 *  $167 ($333) 85% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* $119 ($268)- 90% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* $142 ($205) - 75% recommended

Amenities: pet friendly, boutique hotel, indoor pool(s), fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, self-service laundry, internet access

4 * $125 ($189) 70% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* - $152 ($205) 95% recommended

Amenities:  free internet, boutique hotel, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), spa services

Thanks for any help that you can give!  I really appreciate it.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If you let us know what you are looking for from this stay (either in terms of specific properties you're hoping for, location, or amenities required) we can help you determine the best option(s) for these dates... it will be much easier/quicker than researching all of the properties above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I apologize....I'm not sure how the 2 threads went to one.

I'm looking for a 4, 4.5 or 5 * hotel in Chicago 4/25-4/28

I would like to stay in the Magnificent Mile - River North area if possible, but would be open to either the Magnificent Mile - Water Tower or Downtown Millennium Park, Grant Park area.

Some properties (the Swissotel or Fairmont look to be just south of the river)

It's my dad's first time in Chicago so I would like to find the best deal for the nicest hotel possible.  He's in his 70s and can do some walking but I think that the River North area seems to be most convenient to all areas.

I was just trying to figure out the various 4* and 4.5* hotels that are currently on Hotwire to figure out the best property, location, price, etc.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

....I'm not sure how the 2 threads went to one.

We merged them... keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of this page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase.

As far as your trip above, wait for AaronJB to reply to this thread as he is local to the area and knows the area and the hotels best, so he should be able to have a look at the current offers and determine your best option(s) for these dates.

Is anything under $165/nite acceptable? (the highest price of any of the hotels above)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No worries.  I've used the hotel lists on Better Bidding before but have never done the message boards.

I didn't know if it needed to have a separate thread for each hotel or the stay....sorry about that.

OK perfect, thanks for all of your help.

Yes anything under $165/night and possibly as high as $200/night is acceptable as long as it is a 4* hotel or above.

I've used the hotel lists on Better Bidding before...

We're glad to hear that you've used the board previously and it has been helpful with your travel plans, but it's disappointing that in 4+ years as a member this is your first post.

It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have been helped by those who have posted before you. ;)

Are you looking for two people or more than two?

When I look for two:

$128 4* Downtown-MP-GP: Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower. 

-- This would be a possible match for the Swissotel. This would not be a bad option for this stay.

In terms of what you mentioned:

4.5* Mag Mile-RN

-- Likely Intercontinental

4*  Mag Mile-RN w/Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

-- Likely Sheraton.

4* Mag Mile-RN w/pet friendly, boutique hotel, indoor pool(s), fitness center, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center, self-service laundry, internet access

--- Not seeing this listing. Are you searching for more than 2 people?

4* Mag Mile-RN Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

--- I'm guessing a new amenity set for the Felix.

4* Mag Mile-RN  free internet, boutique hotel, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, restaurant(s), spa services

-- My guess would be the Godfrey

Let me know if you have any questions before booking and I'd be happy to answer any Chicago questions.

It looks like there's a different listing for the 4.5* in the Magnificent Mile Area - River North with the following amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Could that still be the Intercontinental or do you think that it is a different hotel?

What is your recommendation?

I would like to stay in the River North area, but the Swissotel seems to be a good option too, since it's just south of there.

Best guess for the amenity set of the 4.5* above would be the InterContinental Chicago... although i'm not currently seeing this offer when searching for 1room/3adults for your dates.

AaronJB knows this area best so i'll leave it up to him in regards to individual property recommendations.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]