Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) Hard Rock Hotel Chicago

PC1795
By PC1795,
in

I got rejected for 4* for the exact same dates in zone 7 (Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park). My bids Thursday were $72 initial, then rebids of 75, 78, 81, 84, 87, and 90. Today got rejected with an initial of $83 and rebids of 86, 89, 92, 95, 98, and 101.

A geography convention in this zone has 6,500 attendees. Could that affect rates?

A convention that size could moderately effect rates, but there is also the usual move higher in rates as the weather gets nicer. Rates do seem mildly more expensive South of the river vs North.

At $101, I'm seeing what appears to be the Allerton for $101 on Hot.wire. Above that I'm seeing what appears to be the Doubletree for $112 and the James for $121. South of the River on Hot.wire, the cheapest 3.5+ is what may be the Silversmith for $125 and the Swiss for $131.

Let us know if any of the above options would be of interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Advertised Amenities:

Guest rating 8+

Guest favorite

Pets allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Business Center

Room Subtotal:  $520.00 

Taxes & Fees:  $111.84 

Total Charged:  $631.84 (4 nights)

Over three days I was rejected for rebids starting at $83 and increasing in $3 increments to $109.

Wanted to stay in this zone b/c my friend is attending a convention at the Hyatt Regency. Hard Rock is a super location just 2 blocks away. I'm happy with this win!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]