Priceline Hotel: Spring Time in San Antonio

jah sly
By jah sly,
in

Greetings,

My family & I have firm plans to stay in San Antonio for my son's Air Force graduation. I am travelling with my wife & 3 teenagers.

We are looking to bid for a 4* or 3.5* star hotel in the Riverwalk area, or information on how to bid for the JW Marriot San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa.

We preferably would like to bid on 2 rooms, however to reduce cost we will settle for one room(possibly with pull out coach & a living room area).

We obviously want to spend as less as possible so we kindly need your advice on how much to bid for the areas specified. Ideally we want to spend $50-$100 per room per night.

Travel dates are April 8th-13th.

Also can you please provide information on which hotels we may win, with suggested bids?

And does the amount of our bid determine which hotel we may win pertaining to your Riverwalk Area 4*/3.5* Hotel List?

What can we expect to pay for daily parking if applicable & any applicable surcharges?

Kindly provide any & all information, as well as useful tips. Your site & assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Bidding does require flexibility. If you bid for a certain star rating and certain zone, you have to be willing to stay at any hotel at that star rating within the shaded zone/s you pick. You are trying to get the lowest possible price - bidding more will not result in a better/different hotel, it will only most likely result in overpaying for the hotel you could have gotten for less. Additionally, the board's listings only provide the hotels that have been reported to the board. New hotels (and changes in rating for previously reported hotels) can happen at any time.

Parking is going to vary by hotel - rates should be listed on hotel websites.

$100 may be a little difficult for a 3.5*-4* for these dates (especially 4*). The other issue is that Price.line wins are for one bed/double occupancy. While you can negotiate with the hotel in terms of bedding, they may be unwilling or unable to offer more than 1 bed.

On Hot.wire, when you search for 4 adults (given that you are indicating four adults, you should get bedding for the entire party) for these dates, there is a 3* in the Riverwalk zone w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower for $91.

-- This would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Market Square. While not a 3.5*-4*, you do get free parking and the total would be under $100 per night rather than if you did two rooms.

You may see a slightly different price than I do on HOTWIRE and may need to click the listing, then click "book now", then click "see all amenities" on the next page to see all of the amenities as listed above.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]