Hotwire Hotel: 4* hotel - Hollywood Beach Area

lbow2006
By lbow2006,
in

Hi, 

I tried searching on Hotwire myself by narrowing down the known 4* hotels based on the amenities noted, but eliminated all those listed near the Hollywood Beach area.

Date is November 14th, 2015

Price is $168/night down from $214/night.

Amenities are: Resort, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet Access, Near Golf

Thank you in advance!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Using the method(s) above please confirm the complete set of amenities associated with this property and we will have a closer look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay I see now.  I apologize.  I did try the BiddingHelper.com easy search version, but without filtering anything besides star rating on that HOTWIRE link I wasn't able to find a Hollywood Beach Area hotel that was rated 4 stars for some reason.

The full amenity list is:

Resort

Near Beach

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

I was also curious about a 3* hotel - Miami Beach Area

Price listed is $150 and is normally $227 - 80% recommend it

Amenities are:

Free Internet

Beachfront Hotel

Fitness Center

Pool

restaurant

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

Last one!  3* Fort Lauderdale Int'l Airport Area hotel.  $94 normally $223 and 75% recommend it

Amenities are:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Airport shuttle

Fitness center

Pool

Business Center

Self-service laundry

Internet Access

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking

Roll-in shower

Sorry I'm just having a hard time even picking which area would be best let alone which hotel is the best deal.

Best guess/comments for each:

4* Hollywood Beach

--> Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel

3* Miami Beach

--> is there also a Smoke Free amenity associated with this property in addition to the amenities you listed above? If so, the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach would be my guess here

3* Airport

--> Best Western Airport South

What is the purpose of this stay, is it a pre/post cruise nite? If so, what time do you arrive/leave town?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us what you decide and know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your post doesn't say where the ship departs but given the time that you have would I go for a hotel close to the harbor so you don't have to rent a car or take any longer trips with a taxi.

Are you leaving from Fort Lauderdale or Miami?

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Yellowdog.

How many rooms/adults/children are you including in your search? (did you include this for the hotels which appeared above?)

If looking to save money i would stay by the airport, but this also limits what you're able to do during the day (although i wouldn't count on getting to the hotel much before 1pm... it's just the way it works by the time you land, get your bags, get to the hotel, check-in, etc, etc.... so you really don't have a full day to explore the area). Not sure if you've cruised before but the next day i would get to the port early (30 minutes before whatever time they ask not to get there before... board the ship early, star exploring, use the pool, grab lunch at the buffet (unless it's NCL in which case the main dining room will be open, although they'll try to encourage you to go to the buffet)... embarkation day is a great feeling with your whole trip ahead of you and it's nice to get a feel for the ship before it's at full capacity (as well as avoid most of the lines later in the day within the terminal) (NOTE: although if you're a fist time cruiser with this particular cruiseline others who arrive after you may get to board ahead of you due to being past guests, which sort of negates my thoughts above)

If affordable i'd stay Downtown as you will have more options immediately near your hotel, and the beach is not too far away if you choose to take a taxi there (or just relax and use the hotel pool).

I don't think the Beach zone is worth the extra expense, not just in the likely room cost, but taxi from the airport and then to the ship the next day, and you'll likely get enough time at the beach during your cruise ports.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

I was searching one room for 3 adults and one child. We fly into FLL, but the ship leaves from POM. So anywhere in between works so long as there is somewhere to eat and somewhere nearby to grab last minute items. Within walking distance would be best. :)

This is our second cruise. Yep by the time we get our bags and make it to the hotel 1pm sounds about right. I was planning on getting to port fairly early 10-11 if possible, but just knew we have until 3pm to board. :) We are going on Carnival Breeze.

Cost is a factor, but not the deciding one. A decent hotel with food and shops we can walk to is more important to me as well as not straying far from the line between FLL and POM to keep taxi/shuttle costs down.

Thoughts or ideas? I will of course use the board PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to book. :)

My preference it to always stay closer to the port of embarkation... traffic, car trouble, forget something at the hotel, etc, etc; these are all easier to deal with if your trip starts 20 minutes from the port rather than 60+ minutes. If you choose to stay closest to the port the Miami Downtown zone would be the closest.

Staying at the Fort Lauderdale Airport would be a little cheaper, as you could take the (free) hotel shuttle to/from the airport... then the following day take a taxi directly to the Miami Pier (thus only one transportation fee, whereas you would have multiple fares if you stayed 'in town' in Fort Lauderdale or a Miami hotel the nite before)

What is your target budget for this nite? (before fees/taxes)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

...a nice hotel in the downtown area...

Miami... or are you still considering Downtown Fort Lauderdale?

For Downtown Miami i'm seeing what looks like:

Hotel Urbano for $112/nite

Hyatt Regency for $168/nite

For the Fort Lauderdale Airport:

Crowne Plaza Airport-Cruise Port for $184/nite

Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South and Cruise Port for $111/nite

Hyatt Place Airport South for $162/nite

Any of the above of interest? (of so i'll research further to confirm, i only gave a quick 'once over' for the above)

Hotel Urbano I would consider - I wasn't quite sure what was located around it (restaurants or shops to pick up last minute items.  I was hoping it was walkable so need to read some reviews).  It's different than the hotels I normally stay at, but the rooms look nice and the reviews are good.

Hyatt Regency has gotten some fairly bad reviews lately and given the price difference between it and Urbano I think I'll skip out on that one.

Cambria Suites actually have great reviews.  I would definitely consider them if we choose Fort Lauderdale.

I would be fine with Hyatt Place as well, but that one seems to be only slightly less than you can pay for it outright?  I like Hyatt's and have stayed at one twice before, but if I'm doing undisclosed hotels (even if we are able to disclose it for sure) I'd rather I feel like I got a great deal, lol.  Sorry if that sounds dumb.

Crowne Plaza Airport doesn't look like anything special from pics so I guess we'll skip that one.

Thank you so much for doing this!

... I wasn't quite sure what was located around it (restaurants or shops to pick up last minute items.  I was hoping it was walkable so need to read some reviews)

If you search using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com and locate these properties in the list of the left side of the page. Click each property and an infowindow will open on the map showing the location. In the bottom of the infowindow is a link that will show you a new map with what is nearby (restaurants, cafes, shopping, etc)

Let us know once you decide upon the location and/or hotel you want to try to target and we'll take it from there.

Okay I found out there really isn't the type of shopping I need near hotel Urbano. Perhaps I will instead have to use Hot.wire or Price.line to book disclosed hotels if we want downtown Miami.

I'm still considering the Hyatt in Fort Lauderdale though. 17th street hotels are convenient to food and shopping. Or use their disclosed hotels to book Embassy Suites on 17th street.

Do you have a recommendation?

Using the 'SEE NEARBY Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, etc.' link for the Hotel Urbano at MAPS and HOTELS.com i'm seeing at least 5-6 restaurants within a half mile... and a two grocery stores within one mile. Remember you'll be there one nite, so you only really need one acceptable restaurant and one place to pick up any last minute supplies you forget... you don't need a choice of 5 or 6 of each.

Even if you took a taxi to either of these locations you're likely looking at the same cost (or less) of taking a taxi from FLL Airport to 'Downtown Fort Lauderdale'... but in this instance you'll be closer to the port the following morning.

Not sure what else you would require from this one nite... what is it that you feel you'll need that is missing from this hotel/location?

Using the retail side of HOTWIRE, or the Hotels.com tab at MAPS and HOTELS.com will be your best source if you're looking to book a 'regular rate' hotel (remember that PRICELINE, even on the 'retail' side, only guarantees double occupancy).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]