Priceline Hotel: 1st Time to NY 04/27-05/04 - Midtown?

nybidding
By nybidding,
in

First time poster and also First time to NY. Will be 2 Adults and 1 Child (walking).

We have been recommended to stay near the Midtown/Time Square area by friends but open to any other suggestions or recommendations.

Accomodation-wise we are looking for a place which is family-friendly which would probably rule out the HIP/trendy hotels which I guess might not be a family-oriented.

3.5 - 4.5* would most likely be preferable, and I believe that all PL rooms are booked under the assumption that it is for 2 people, would there be any which may not charge extra to request either a sofa/cot bed for the room.

Any advice (attractions, day passes, food etc) would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding. 

Just to confirm, are your date/s of travel 3/27-4/5?

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

With how small most NYC rooms are, there may not be room in some rooms for a rollaway bed/sofa bed. Hot.wire (and searching for 2 adults/1 child) or PRICELINE EXPRESS (and looking for a listing with bed choice and 2 beds being one of those choices) would be better options. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Aaron,

Sorry, our travel dates are 27th April - 4th May, i just realised i put March/April instead of April/May lol

I think our budget would be about $150-$175 USD per night, do you think that is reasonable to find a good family friendly hotel?

If it is better to use the Hot.wire / PRICELINE EXPRESS method then are there any midtown hotels you would recommend.

I was also thinking about staying 4 nights in a hotel in midtown and then the remaining 3 nights in a hotel down near the financial district, I thought that if we were going to be doing alot of sightseeing then technically we would save on some time because instead of travelling up and down to see each attraction we would have a hotel in that nearby area. I have no idea if it would save much time at all but just a consideration.

Sorry i also forgot to ask when do you think would be the best time to book? we are about a month away at the moment and I wasnt sure if they get cheaper last min?

The only reason i would consider splitting this stay would be to save money... not for the convenience, as that is not likely going to be a factor as it's easy enough to get from one point to the other on a daily basis, as well as not likely needing to be 'downtown' for 3-4 days. As well, when traveling with a child, it adds another level of complexity to changing hotels.

What star rating is that that you're seeking for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

thanks for your advice, in that case i am not going to bother switching hotels halfway through the trip :)

In regards to star ratings I guess anything from 3.0 - 4.5 * would be ok. with a budget of around $125-175 per night. Obviously the cheaper the better but if there was only a slight difference between getting an ok hotel compared to a good rated hotel then i'd most likely rather pay the extra.

Would there be a best time that i should start looking for prices? its about a month away now so not sure if now is a good time or not? Thanks

To ensure accommodations for your entire family you would need to search for 2adults/1child, which (in NYC) can often increase the rate... you could consider booking for only double occupancy, but in NYC we don't recommend as most hotels have a very high percentage of rooms with only one bed, many can't accommodate a rollaway (if the hotel even has them available), and rooms with two beds are often considered an upgrade and cost extra (thus the higher HOTWIRE rate when searching for triple occupancy)

The closest option to your budget would be a 3.5* in the ESB zone for $181/nite which i'm guessing is the Radisson Martinique on Broadway... but if you're willing to spend a bit more for something substantially nice (imo) i would go for the 4.5* on HOTWIRE for $201/nite which has a great location, excellent reviews, and is a step above the Radisson.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]