Priceline Hotel: 5* Amsterdam (Apollolaan - RAI - Amstel Canal) Hilton Amsterdam

AndrewOAz
By AndrewOAz,
in

Trying to stay at the Amsterdam Schipol airport (AMS) - Shuttle Service area for April 30th for 1 or 2 nights (depending on whether I can get the Okura on May 1st - already booked there on the 2nd).  Anyway, I am seeing a 4* for $117 on Hotwire showing 100% recommended and the following amenities:

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Pet friendly
    Airport shuttle
    Smoke-free rooms
    Fitness center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Spa services

I am also seeing a 4* for $88 that states "still gathering reviews"  - any ideas?

Complimentary

Free parking
    Free Internet

Amenities

Indoor pool(s)
    Airport shuttle
    Fitness center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)

My ideal is the Hilton onsite at the airport.  Thanks for helping.

We'll focus on your Amstel Canal area stay first so we know how many nights you need in this zone.

Also, when you search and post the amenities so please use our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks but depending on which hotel these are, I may be willing to lock in the 2 days rather than 1, especially since you confirmed my fear that the other one in Apollaan-RAI-Amstel may not be the Okura.  Also, I am seeing these same hotels come up when I do a single night search a few weeks later on the back end of our cruise.  Then I am deliberately tryingtost  stay at the airport as we have a morning flight.  Your help is appreciated identifying these two hotels.  Thanks.  :)

Please do a new search for 4/30-5/2 so we know that we are looking at the same hotels. 

Please use our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

I have used the BiddingHelper but hadn't clicked the green button on the 2nd tab Easyview.  So here are the results:

4* - $88 - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) - Shuttle Service

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

However, the Easyview tab is not showng the $90 or the $117 (4*) that I am also looking at?  So I can't give you extra amenities.  Maybe try that yourself?

Thanks.

4* - $88 - Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) - Shuttle Service

Best guess would be Dorint or NH.

did it about 4-5 different ways and finally got the $117 - 4*

I can't get this one to appear, did you search for 2 adults when this appeared?

Yellowdog.

If a hotel is appearing in the HOTWIRE tab but not in the EASY VIEW, you'll need to take the following steps in order to view the complete set of amenities:

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Assuming you are still seeing both, please list the complete set if amenities for each and we will have a look.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using Bidding.Helper, all I am doing is typing in Amsterdam, Netherlands, one room, 2 people from 4/30/15 to 5/2/15, then reordering the results on price and it is right there on the Hotwire tab as the 9th one down.  When I click the Easyview it doesn't show, but then several others disappear as well.  I believe it is the one I want but would like to guess its identity so to choose between it and the other for $30 less.  Thanks for trying and appreciate any help.  I took a screen shot if there is a way of inserting?  Again the amenities in addition to being 100% recommended - top rated are:

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Pet friendly

Airport shuttle

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Spa services

4* AMS airport - shuttle service area

I saw this 4* yesterday once and while researching i refreshed the page and i haven't seen it since... without it re-appearing i'm unable to offer any insight into this one.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't doubt it appearing for you... sometimes HOTWIRE can be quirky and not show the same offers from one user to the next (they do a lot of A/B testing)

I do see the property now, but is an example of why we don't research offers that we can't view ourselves, as i don't believe you have included the full amenity set for this property (which would make it that much more difficult to research). Using the method previously outlined:

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

Search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Following the above this is the full amenity set i'm seeing for this offer:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Shuttle

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, the Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport would be my best guess here.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Due to the delay in identifying the airport, the wife has now decided that we'll trek into the city (even though we arrive late) so now wants a 4* or 5* in either Museum Quarter - Vondel Park area or the Apollan-RAI-Amstel area.

To that end, using the BiddingHelper EasyView tab I see the following that I would narrow to for the dates of 4/30 - 5/2:

4* Museum Quarter - Vondel Park - $177

85% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

?? My guess is either Park or NH Museum Qtr??

4* Apollan-RAI-Amstel - $187

90% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

?? My guess was Bilderberg?? 

5* Apollan-RAI-Amstel - $227

95% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

?? My guess was either Hilton or Okura??  Just noticing that Bilderberg is showing as 5* on Priceline now, so maybe Hotwire is similar for this zone?

Thanks for your help and I will post once we decide and have a room.

My best guess/comments for each:

4* Museum Quarter - Vondel Park - $177

--> not the NH... my guess would be the Park Hotel or The College Hotel

4* Apollan-RAI-Amstel - $187

--> Bilderberg Garden Hotel or the Wyndham Apollo

5* Apollan-RAI-Amstel - $227

--> Hilton would be my best guess... i don't think the Okura allows pets

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Okay, since we are done with our other nights, this just leaves the night we come back to Amsterdam and head to the airport.  I really like this rate and location and curious if you could help since there are so many 4* in this area.

Date - 5/17 to 5/18 - 4* Museum Quarter - $93 on Hotwire

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access, In-room accessibility

Thanks and I believe this is what we'll select depending on the guesses, so I'll report back so we know.

A property with this amenity set has not yet been reported to the board, and i'm not certain, but the The College Hotel would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The College Hotel and their complaints about lighting concerned the wife.  Then, today Hotwire showed a 5* in the Apollan-RAI-Amstel area adjacent for only $108, so I took a shot on Priceline and got the Hilton for $103, which I'll post on the Priceline thread.  Thanks and we have all our hotels - turned out to be all 5* and great rates, so very pleased and so appreciate your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]