Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) W Hotel Hoboken

jcsml
By jcsml,
in

Any guess which hotel this might be?...travel days (April 1-3, 2015)

Free Internet  Fitness Center  Restaurant  Business Center

How about transportation to NYC? (traveling with small children)

I might purchase this deal if they don't accept my NYOP at $90/night for a 4 star in that area. 

Ideally, we would love to stay at the W hotel...any tips?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to say that this is a match for Hyatt, Westin or the W Hotel Hoboken. But my guess would be Westin or W Hotel Hoboken.

Traveling from Hoboken to NYC is really convenient with the PATH train that is located close to all 4* hotels. Board Admin thereuare is local to the area so I'm sure he'll help you with any additional questions.

I can see in the post that you have small children. Please note that PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, after that is at the discretion of the hotel. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Whether they will/can or not depends upon a LOT of different factors, including what is available at the time of your check-in, how many rooms with two beds are offered at the hotel and what they need to accommodate other guests for your dates, hotel policy etc.

I might purchase this deal if they don't accept my NYOP at $90/night for a 4 star in that area.

Why not try a bit higher to save some money since the PRICELINE EXPRESS property is $119?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

thank you for your quick response, yellowdog! 

now that i've done more research, i think we'd rather have the westin since it is steps to the path. do you think that $119 is a good price for the westin or should i bid for a lower price? i apologize for all the questions since i am new to priceline and this forum...

"Why not try a bit higher to save some money since the PRICELINE EXPRESS property is $119?" how much do you think is reasonable?

also, if i try the name your own price (4 star jersey city, hoboken, weehawken area), will it just be either of those 3 hotels that you mentioned (hyatt, westin, or the W)? we don't mind staying in either of those hotels. just prefer the ones closer to the path.

also, if i try the name your own price (4 star jersey city, hoboken, weehawken area), will it just be either of those 3 hotels that you mentioned (hyatt, westin, or the W)?

This is the most updated information we have. But everything can change by a second. Hotels are added/removed by PRICELINE and HOTWIRE all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change.

we don't mind staying in either of those hotels. just prefer the ones closer to the path.

Yes, need to have an open mind. You can't bid on or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

"Why not try a bit higher to save some money since the PRICELINE EXPRESS property is $119?" how much do you think is reasonable?

My thought is that since we can't pint point the property is it better to use the bidding service. With the current information we have so are all the hotels in a good location to the path. It's really up to you how high you would go. I would go all the way and not take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal.

I hope this answer your questions.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

i did try the name your price from $90-125...the never accepted any offer. they wanted $148 plus taxes and fees. but it makes no sense because i found a priceline express deal for those same days for $141. the $119 express deal was no longer available this morning.

so, $340 for 2 nights at the W hotel in Hoboken with taxes and fees. still happy about the deal since its the W. 

thank you for all your help!!! really appreciated!

Congrats on your success. :)

Nice win for this property (Expedia showing $267 regular rate, so very nice discount) and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? Thanks.

Additionally, if Price.line offers a counter-offer (like the $148 in this case), that is not likely the required bid - the actual number is somewhere between the last failed bid and the counter-offer. 

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]