Hotwire Hotel: Thoughts on two 4* Downtown Atlanta hotels for May 7-11?

slsokalski
By slsokalski,
in

Hello,

I appreciated your help with our trip to Washington DC last December, and was hoping you could help with and upcoming trip to Atlanta.

When searching (used your HOTWIRE link :) ) for 1 room/2 people for May 7-11, two somewhat similar deals on 4* Downtown properties came up, and I'd like your thoughts on what the hotels might be, please

$89 4* Downtown, 95% recommended

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center

-->Maybe Hyatt Regency?

$88 4* Downtown, 80% recommended

Pet Friendly, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

-->Hilton or Sheraton?

Thanks very much!

It look s like the inventory has changed.

I can only get the 4* W/Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center to appear.

I'm sorry to sat that this is a match for Hyatt, Hilton and Sheraton.

I have tried to search with different parameters to weed out a better answer but without any luck.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

we found out that a friend may be joining us, so have changed our search a bit.  Looking for 3 people in Downtown or Midtown May 7-11 turned up a 3.5* Midtown boutique hotel for $153 with: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Do you think this could be the Georgian Terrace?

Or maybe Hotel Indigo (they rated it 3.5 stars on the "Standard Rate Hotels" tab, instead of the 3 I've seen elsewhere)?

Either of those would be a perfect location for us.  But if you think it's more likely to be something else, please let me know.

And if this updated search is different enough from the original question that I should start a new thread, please let me know and I'll do that.

Thanks!

I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, if you click thru the offer are you able to get to the next screen or do you receive a message that it is no longer available?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Weird.  I entered the info (3 ppl, May 7-11) into the "try our Bidding.Helper" box above and it came up again just now. 

Shows up on both the "Hotwire" & "Hotwire easy view" tabs for $153, and I was able to click through to a purchase info page for both.

However, I got an error when putting info into the "Hotwire quick quote" box above.

???

I did a search without any luck also.

But I can see a 4* boutique $158 on my search,

Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Wheelchair Accessible

Best guess would be The Ellis Hotel.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

However, I got an error when putting info into the "Hotwire quick quote" box

I just tried the QUICK QUOTE box for your dates and my search when thru fine... if you're still experiencing an issue send me a PM and we will help you troubleshoot (it's usually one of 2-3 possible issues with the settings on your computer)

Weird. I entered the info (3 ppl, May 7-11) into the "try our BiddingHelper.com" box above and it came up again just now.

I'm seeing the same property as Yellowdog above... no 3.5* in the offers when i search for your dates and 3adults.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to let you know that we ended up grabbing a deal on Travel.ocity for the Georgian Terrace (a 2 queen bed room, which I hadn't seen offered elsewhere) at $150/night. This location was exactly what we wanted, and the 2 beds made it too good to pass up.

Thanks so much for your help anyway.  Will definitely try your HOTWIRE & PRICELINE links in future travel planning.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]