Priceline Hotel: NYC 06/12-06/15

gr8z
By gr8z,
in

I saw another post around the same time as my trip and was told $160 will be unconventional. Would like to stay around Soho, lower east side or the new hip neighbourhood (if any of you have recommendation). 

Would like to know the typical/approx. cost around this time of the year? And should i wait until closer time and the price will be lower?

Thank you

Grace

Rates are date specific and don't seem too bad for these dates at the moment as i think you have a chance at a hotel in one of these two zones at 3* or higher within your $160 budget (or if unsuccessful less than $170 should be enough).

However, a few questions/comments first...

You may want to also consider the Chelsea zone as this is one of the 'hottest/hippest' areas right now... lots of boutiques, bars, clubs, restaurants, cafes, etc. Some hotels can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway, but many still look towards this zone since it's such a desirable area.

In other nearby zones (a bit of a different feel than the zones that you are currently considering, but centrally located andn convenient to these areas via subway) there are 4* hotels that can be likely won within or close to your current budget, which i mention as i don't know if zone or star rating is the more important to you for this trip.

In regards to pricing, nobody can say if rates will come down, or more higher, between now and your trip, but i will say that this is still generally considered to be part of hi-season (near the tail end of is) and a few weeks before we start to see prices drop into the summer, but for more on this subect you can see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Based upon the information above let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will try to assist further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Took a look at the PRICELINE hotel maps, seems like Chelsea only has 4* and up. Do you think it is possible to bid a room around $160?

Currently priceline express deal has a 4* $166/night (restaurants, fitness center and business center) at midtown east. Any guess which hotel it is?

Took a look at the PRICELINE hotel maps, seems like Chelsea only has 4* and up.

Since you choose the minimum star rating you're willing to accept i'm not sure what your objective was when looking at the maps, but a reminder that the only method which should be used to determine your re-bid zones is this one: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Do you think it is possible to bid a room around $160?

You can try, but at current prices i'm doubtful this will be enough.

Currently priceline express deal has a 4* $166/night (restaurants, fitness center and business center) at midtown east. Any guess which hotel it is?

These amenities are very common and there are about 4-5 possibilities, one of which being the The Lexington which is priced at only $159/nite for your dates (confirm your dates on the landing page) so would be a better deal than the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above...any interest in this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

3.5* Empire state building ($175CAD, 80% recommended)

- Free internet

- Fitness center

- Restaurant(s)

- Business center

- Self-service laundry

3.5* Madison square garden ($192CAD, 75% recommended)

- Free internet

- Smoke free rooms

- Fitness center

- Restaurant(s)

- Business center

- Golf nerby

-Accessible for visually impaired

- Accessible for hearing impaired

3.5* Chelsea 

- Free internet

- Boutique hotel

- Smoke free rooms
- Restaurant(s)
- Business center

- In-room accessibility 

- Accessible bathroom

Thank you!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

For the HOTWIRE offer(s) above I believe there may more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Also, please list the room rate per nite (and in US Dollars) for each property as it makes it easier for us to locate the same hotels among the offers when replicating your search.

Are you ready to move forward/commit to this trip at this point in time?

The amenities are pretty much the same.

Here are the extra amenities that did not show on the regular HOTWIRE site but showed on the BiddingHelper.com

3.5* Empire state building ($144USD)

- internet access

3.5* Madison square garden ($157USD)

- Accessible path of travel

- In-room accessibility

- Accessible bathroom

- Roll-in showerI

3.5* Chelsea ($152USD)

- same amenities as i listed above

Please include the complete set of amenities within the same post, it not only makes it easier for us to research (having all of the information in the same place), but it also reduces the chances of us missing a listed amenity and making a mistake.

Below is what i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

3.5* ESB

Free Internet

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

--> best guess would be The Dylan Hotel

3.5* MSG

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

--> Wyndham New Yorker

3.5* Chelsea

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

--> no guess

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]