Priceline Hotel: 5* London (The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral) Grange St. Pauls Hotel

bluean9el
By bluean9el,
in

Hi there - 

I'm planning a trip to London on May 15-May 18 and would really like some help identifying some hotel options on Hotwire. I would like to stay in the Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho area or the City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral. I've looked at three hotels and need help identifying them. Based on the Hotwire easyview listing, here are my choices:

• 5* Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho - $197/night
    Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

• 4* City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral - $155/night
    Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

• 4* City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral - $178/night
    Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Internet access

Thanks so much!

Best guess/comments for each:

5* Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho - $197/night

--> Metropolitan Hotel London

4* City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral - $155/night

--> not seeing this property on a current HOTWIRE search... are you still seeing this on your own search?

4* City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral - $178/night

--> no guess

Also, are your rates in CAD Dollars as i'm seeing all hotels priced a little cheaper (on a US Dollar base) than you have posted... or are you searching for something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good morning!

I figured out what was wrong. I was using Bidding.Helper and with May 14 to 18 as the dates and not 15 through 18. Sorry about that. When using the May 15 to 18 date, the $155/night is no longer there. 

Do you have a guess for this one? 

$162/night 4.5*  City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral with the following amenities set: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

I'm not seeing this 4.5* when searching for your 5/15-5/18 dates... are you still seeing this one on your own HOTWIRE search? If so are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

I'm not able to research this property further since i'm not able to view it, but based upon the amenities my guess would be the Crowne Plaza London The City.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy for this leg of your trip let us know what star rating you'd like to try for, your maximum bid, and which zone(s) are acceptable... we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Hi there! 

I started to look at some hotels in London via Hotwire but since my recent win in Munich for the first leg of my trip was pretty decent, I figured I'd try my hand with Priceline. If I can get some help with bidding strategies, I would really appreciate it!

The zones I'd like to stay in are 1) Mayfair-Soho and 2)The City - Tower Bridge - St. Pauls Cathedral. My dates are Fri, 5/15 to Mon, 5/18 and I would like to get 5* ONLY hotels.

I tried bidding last night, adding all the zones except the ones with the known 5* hotels and got up to $145/night with no bites. I would like to bid no more than $150/night. I Since there were so many zones without a 5* hotels to choose from and add, I honestly can't remember the orders of my bid. I just know that I started at $120 and went up to $145.

Any help bidding would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase... the entire thread will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board (if necessary). This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I think you will likely need to go as high as the $165 area to be successful for a 5* hotel in one of these zones. Given you have already been rejected up to $145, i have gone as high as $168/nite in the strategy below (since you were also considering a $197/nite 5* on HOTWIRE in your original post) but you are of course free to stop at whatever amount you're comfortable with.

When bidding 5* in London you have FIFTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Mayfair and The City...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You are close, since on PRICELINE EXPRESS there is a $169 in The City area.

As long as you check those rebid zones each time just before a bidding session, and keep bidding regularly, that is all you can do with that.

If you'd consider any more zones that might help.  

Have you investigated a back-up cancelable reservation?  With that, you can keep bidding until the very last.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful in landing the 5* hotel you were hoping for at not much more than your original budget... we're happy to have helped! :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]