Priceline Hotel: Chicago 5 Star River North Locatin

Ramfan2012
By Ramfan2012,
in

Hello

I have been trying to get a 5 star hotel in the River North section of downtown.  I have went up to 220/per night and have been rejected.  I need three rooms too.  The express bidding has a 5 star River North hotel for $237; Indoor or outdoor pool, Fitness Center, Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Resturant, and Buisness Center.  I beleive it is Park Hyatt Chicago.  In addition, I need an additional night for one of the rooms.  I was thinking of doing the express offer and then immediately do it again for one additional night.  If the price is the same would do you think that I should be able to get the same place? or should I call the hotel to see if I can get a rack rate since I have three rooms already. 

Your advice is very much appreciated. I want to pull the trigger soon.

Thank you in advance.

What are the actual nite(s) that you need 3 rooms for? Is it one nite at the end of these dates when you need an additional room?

Room rates vary from one day to the next so i wouldn't necessarily use that to try to determine if the same hotel is offered for the additional nite that you need, your first line of defense would be if the amenities set is the same. (but as the amenities shown by PRICELINE EXPRESS are often vague, the fewer amenities that are shown the less confidence you can have that it's the same hotels vs. the more amenities shown the greater confidence you can have (ie- if just Restaurant and Fitness are shown, two amenities offered at most 5* hotels in the city, then you can have less confidence in it being the same hotel... if you see 7-8 amenities, and many of which are not that common at 5* hotels in the city, then you have increased confidence).

If you let us know the dates of your stay, and the date of the additional nite needed, we will have a look and let you know our thoughts.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

the dates are April 23 to 27 2015.  I need one additional day (April 22) for one of the rooms. I was rejected at 220/per night. The express bid offer was 237/per night. If I ended up increasing my bid, say 5 or 8 dollars, wouldn't I most likely get the same hotel that is offered at the express offer?  Its an 18 dollar a difference.  Funny how this thing works. 

Your adice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for you time and this website is great! 

Also - Hotwire has a 5 star hotel in Water Tower (April 23-27) for $241 and River North for $249.  Since the price is very similar which hotel do you think this one is?  Which one is better in your opinion (Priceline 5* vs Horwire 5*).  Thank you

Water Tower 5* Hotel

Pet friendly
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Tennis nearby

Free Internet

River North 5* hotel

Indoor pool(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Restaurant(s)
Business center
Spa services

Free Internet

I'm not 100% certain, but my guess for the 5* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be the Park Hyatt (my first guess) with secondary guesses of the Four Seasons or the Trump... but whatever hotel it does work out to be, my guess is that these are indeed the same property (when searching for 1room 4/22 and 3 rooms 4/23-4/27). Also, with the 9.0/10.0 user review rating i wouldn't be too concerned with quality at all.

If you're at least open to the possibility that you may need to change hotels (in case we're wrong above and these are indeed different properties) you could purchase the solo nite of 4/22 first in order to 'look behind the curtain' and if you're pleased with the hotel then proceed to purchase the other 3 rooms for the additional nites needed. (there is always a chance that when you go to make the 2nd purchase that the same hotel is no longer offered, but if you search both sets of dates before making your purchase and see what appears to be the same hotel offered for each set of dates, then the chances of this happening are minimized)

I'll let AaronJB have a look at the HOTWIRE offers in the morning (if you decide to wait) as he knows this area best and would be able to better comment on each of the hotels guessed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Mag Mile-RN 5* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. My guess is that it's highly likely a slightly different amenity set for the Langham or Trump, and I'd lean towards the latter as being more likely. In either case, both very nice properties.

The Mag Mile N-WT 5* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board and could be a few different hotels - I'd say Four Seasons, Park Hyatt or Ritz would be possibilities, although out of those I'd say the first two were more likely. All three are within reasonable distance to the tennis courts at Lake Shore Park in terms of the tennis amenity (I'm not recalling any other public courts nearby.)

All of the 5* properties in the city are quite nice, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them as there's not a bad one in the bunch. It comes down to location, but the location difference between the hotels at the top end of Michigan Ave and those closer to the river is really not significant. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]