Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Detroit (Birmingham - Troy - Madison Heights) Radisson Kingsley

DanJ
By DanJ,
in

Hi again BB. Appreciate help id-ing this 3 star, (of course, searched for through this site's links) Looking to take the kids for a spring break getaway.

March 16-18

95% recommended. Amenities include free parking, free internet, free breakfast, pet friendly, indoor pool, smoke free, fitness center, pool, business center

Thanks for your help

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 3 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, the Hyatt Place Detroit/Auburn Hills would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Taking the kids on a short getaway this week during the Ontario school break. Doing a few things around Detroit, culminating with the Pistons game Tuesday night, so I decided to search for a hotel in the Auburn Hills/Pontiac Area. Using the HOTWIRE links on here, I searched and found a couple spots, but decided the uncertainty over the hotels and the desire for indoor pools, not to proceed. Changed my search area (for kicks lol) and I saw a really good deal on a 3.5 star. Using the resources of this site from prior posts, and the amenity listing on the bidding helper, I was pretty sure this hotel was going to be the Kingsley Inn (Radisson). Info is listed below. The $71 US price compares to $114 listed on hotels.com

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found a nice deal for your family excursion and are pleased with the outcome for this nite.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Following up after our stay. The hotel is conveniently located on Woodward about a mile south of the I-75 Square Lake exit. We were 21 minutes from our room to our seats at the Palace for Tuesday nights Pistons game. The Hotel is no longer a Radisson and is simply known as The Kingsley Inn. Apparently they are under new ownership with major renovations planned this year. The onsite restaurant is closed although they do have a small deli open, that we didn't go in. The hotel was nice enough, but I would say "dated" feeling. The room was a decent size although the original room they gave us was a king bed and chair (my hotwire booking did say 3 people), but no issue getting moved to another room. I really wish hotels would use queen beds instead of doubles lol. We had a newer flat screen TV with enough channels to keep the kids occupied when we were in the room. The pool and spa area is under an atrium off the back half of the hotel in a central courtyard area, and as is typical of hotels, very strongly chlorinated. Didn't seem to be a lot of people staying there Monday night and we had the pool to ourselves for most of the last 90 minutes it was open (8am-10pm).

For the amount of driving I did up to the Palace and Great Lakes Crossings areas, I probably should have just stayed at a hotel right near there, but for the price we had, I think this hotel was fine. Like I said, a bit dated feeling, but that was basically walking down the corridors. The bathrooms had been done at some point in the last few years and had no concerns in there. The neighbourhood was certainly very nice and even the fast food places up the road were nice looking lol.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]