Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Kinzie Hotel

mikevet
By mikevet,
in

When checking your Hotwire hotel list for this area, there is only one 5 star listed--The Peninsula, but on Hotwire I am offered TWO 5* hotels--was someone upgraded or added to this level? One of the listed 5 stars offers nearby Tennis which I dont locate in any 4.5 * at all, so an upgrade to a 5 seems unlikely. Any idea who these two are? Thanks for the help

As noted at the top of the lists, they only contain what has been reported to the board - there are a number of 5*'s in the MMN-WT zone, but only one has been reported to the board.

Please provide the date/s of travel (so that we can research) and the complete set of amenities for both listings and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

dates are 3/12 ( tonight) through 3/15. I didnt see the second 5* this morning, so it could be done. Im looking for a really nice spot--4.5* ideally, mag mile water tower, or river north area. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. ThanKS so much--I love this site!!!

I'm seeing a 5* in the Water Tower zone for $221/nite (your rate may differ slightly) with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Indoor Pool

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... my guess for this one would be the Peninsula Chicago (with a slight chance of the Ritz Carlton)

Or this 5* for $205/nite with:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Spa

... i don't have a guess for this one but AaronJB knows this area best and perhaps he will have a guess.

If there is no budget there is also this 5* in the NMA-River North zone for $303/nite:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... my guess would be The Trump

And this 5* in the NMA-River North zone for $244/nite:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... my guess would be The Langham Chicago

Any of the above work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My typing sucks, and Im sorry. I meant to say that I would like a good 4.5 star hotel in the River North or Water Tower area. Hope this makes sense. If there is a great deal on a 5*, i would definitely consider it though--especially if it's not that much more expensive than a 4.5 star.

Thanks for all your help, I hope to get this locked down soon--this weekend away just dropped into my lap....

It's risky to try to ID hotels based upon one or two amenities, please list the full amenity set for any property you're inquiring about using either of the following methods (the first method is easier, but if the hotel isn't showing using option #1 then option #2 is an alternate method):

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
This is the full list for the $165/nite 4.5* that i'm seeing for your dates:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... i'd agree with your guesses of the Hyatt or the Omni, but unfortunately i don't see any way to determine which one is more/less likely than the other.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thats what I thought--no way to differentiate. I kind of guessed Hyatt as the 95% sweemed a bit high for The Omni--someone always has something negative to say about a hotel thats been around that long. I think the Hyatt used to be the Wyndham, so it has fewer reviews.

If you are looking primarily for amenities, then the potential Hyatt (the one on St Clair) is not really something that I'd recommend. It's a very nice hotel, but classifying it as a 4.5* is a little rich. The Omni would be a better possibility, but no way to confirm which the listing is.

However, when you have 5*'s for not too substantially more, those would appear to be a nice upgrade over $165 for the Hyatt. The potential Peninsula for $220 would be - I think - a better value than the Hyatt for $165. While the Ritz may be a possibility, if it's the Peninsula, that's really one of the nicest hotels in the city in general. The 5* for $204 has not yet  been ID'd/reported to the board and could be something like the Four Seasons, Park Hyatt or something else. There is tennis near the Park Hyatt and not that far from the Four Seasons.

That said, there is a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $125. That would likely be the James and would be a way better deal than the potential Hyatt or Omni. That hotel is a few blocks away from the Hyatt or Omni so despite the different zones, the difference in location is minimal.

Personally, I'd either go lower (the potential James would be a great value and is much more reasonable than what else is available for these dates) or higher (one of the 5*'s.) The $165 4.5* in the Mag Mile-WT area is not that appealing from the standpoint of it could possibly be the Hyatt. Again, the Hyatt is not a bad property, it's simply - I think - not a great value at $165 and 4.5* seems rich.

Please let me know if you have any questions before booking.

Unfortunately, now I'm not seeing it either.

However, I am seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile-RN area for $168 w/Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

That would likely be a match for the Kinzie, which I'd prefer over the potential Hyatt, plus you get free breakfast. Great, convenient location in River North near tons of restaurants.

I'm also seeing the Thompson for $183 (4.5* Mag Mile N-WT w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Pet Friendly), but for $168 and free breakfast, I'd go with the Kinzie.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're able to try out a new hotel on this trip and are looking forward to your arrival later today.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Awesome win for this property and free breakfast on every floor (as well as an evening reception) are nice added values. Location in River North couldn't be better - tons of restaurants within walking distance.

From the hotel website:

"Complimentary Breakfast at the Kinzie

Our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast is the perfect way to prepare for a day of meetings or exploring in Chicago. Wake up to freshly brewed gourmet coffee, chilled juices and a fine assortment of pastries, cereal, yogurt, cheese, and fresh fruit— all just steps outside your guest room door. At the Kinzie Hotel, our delectable assortment of breakfast delights is yours to enjoy daily from 6:30-9:30am (Mon-Fri) and 7:00-10:30am (Sat-Sun).

View the Kinzie Hotel breakfast menu (PDF).

Double Cross Lounge & Evening Manager’s Reception

Our Double Cross Lounge is the perfect place to relax after a busy day of exploring, meeting, and sightseeing in the Windy City. Enjoy a generous assortment of complimentary hors d’oeuvres from 5:00-8:00pm and mingle with fellow guests or just sit back, unwind, and indulge. Plus, our own Explorer Club members who book direct at kinziehotel.com will receive a cocktail on us each evening to begin their night so if you’re not already a member, be sure to sign up on our website today!"

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]