Priceline Hotel: 5* New York City (Central Park South)

Schowdhury60
By Schowdhury60,
in

Hi,

I am after some bidding help with the following details:

• City: New York
  • Area: Central Park South, Times Square
  • Star Rating: 4.5 & 5 star
  • Budget: $220/night - I have based this on other precedent I can see on this thread - please let me know if its unreasonable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Budget: $220/night - I have based this on other precedent I can see on this thread - please let me know if its unreasonable.

It's not unreasonable... although it is probably unlikely.

You can certainly give it a try, and we can suggest a strategy for you to follow, but you're traveling during what is considered to be high season for NYC and it will likely take more during your travel dates above than the winning bid prices you have seen for the Jan/Feb times frames (assuming that is what you are basing your maximum bid price on). As well, at the 4.5* and 5* levels, the Times Square and Central Park South zones are some of the most expensive zones in the city.

Currently, at the 4.5* level you're likely looking at ~$275/nite in one of these two zones... at the 5* level you're probably looking in the mid-$300's (as a ballpark)

If you use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com you can search '1 mile from Times Square NYC' for your dates, then UNcheck everything except for 4.5* and 5* hotels, then look at rates... it will give you an idea of what you're up against for these dates.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: just realized this is also the weekend of the NYC Marathon, which historically adds to hotel demand, during what is already a busy time of year. Are you coming in for the marathon?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A 4* shouldn't be an issue as there is often a big price difference between the 4.5* and 4* levels, but so i can suggest the best option(s) for your specific needs... do you know how you will get to the start in Staten Island? If taking supplied transportation, do you yet know where you will get that from? (and i will try to keep this aspect in mind in addition to the finish in Central Park)

Not sure if you've run marathons before, but the NYC Marathon is a great event... very uplifting and positive experience even for non-runners (like me :) ).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will speak to my wife later as she has run NYC 2-3 times, but off hand, why the Brooklyn Marriott... why not the Staten Island Ferry or (if i recall) buses that leave form the library at 40th and Fifth Ave?

I don't know the pluses/minuses of each (which is what i'll ask my wife about), but if you're staying in Manhattan i would think each of these would be substantially easier.

PS- one thing i do know, is that when you get the Verrazano Bridge, you want to be on the upper level, no matter which direction they point you to, you want to get on the upper level.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]