misterpei
By misterpei,
in

Trying to figure this one out....

April 2-6th, 2015 ( 4 nights)

4.5 Star Midtown East

Amenities - Internet, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Centre, Tennis, Spa

T/A Rating...4/5

I was hoping that was The Benjamin, but I have a feeling may be Grand Hyatt, which I dont like as good.

Thanks for this forum, and I used the link within this forum.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

... if this is what you're seeing, this porperty is also showing a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so it would not be the Grand Hyatt (which currently has a 4.0 TA rating)... my guess here would be a new amenity set for The Benjamin.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, I guess I havent been on here for a while, that is pretty cool.

Strangely enough , this is what I got, for some reason it lists internet twice and I tried it a few times and it did it every time.

Midtown east 4.5 *     $198.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services

When I try to put it through, to the next step where you would see the TA Rating, as if I was going to purchase, I get this error message...

We couldn't process your request
We're sorry, but a system error just occurred. Error #1310

Thanks so much for the help!!

If you're still having an issue, please use this link to HOTWIRE where you can do the following to confirm you're seeing the complete amenity set:

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm local to the area so if you do indicate your maximum budget, as well as what your requirements for this stay, we can likely offer your best options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks so much. we have been to New York a few times and have mostly stayed in or near Times Square ( Marriott Marquis, Doubletree Suites and Eventi)

in the past. This time we wouldn't mind staying somewhere a bit different as long as subway access , as we still will probably go to a theatre show or two.

Also may go to a Rangers game and if lucky enough to score tickets, Billy Joel is at MSG on April 3rd. We prefer a nicer hotel if possible, Probably $200 TO $250 range.

How about this 4 star Empire State Building hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $198/nite with a 9.0/10 user review rating and:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Free Internet

Business Center

... my guess for this one would be the Archer Hotel New York (and although i feel very good with this guess, should it be something else, you do have a 'safety net' of the very high user review rating, so it should prove to be an enjoyable and positive experience)

Does this one work for you?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Yes, the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above only guarantees double occupancy.

If/when you're searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children, please be sure to include this information on your posts from the onset so that we don't waste time researching hotels that are not possibilities for you given triple occupancy is needed.

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the ESB zone for $229/nite with a 95% user recommendation rating, a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, and:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... my guess here would be the Affinia Shelburne or the Affinia Dumont, both of which get very good reviews.

Does this work for your family?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

There could be even a better deal, I find when I use Hotwire I usually save a lot. I can book the Shelburne myself for $234 a nite, buy 3 and get a fourth nite free.

then you don't have to advance pay and stuff. But I know Easter weekend and things maybe busy and fewer good deals to be had.

When hotel rates go up in price there is more profit margin for the hotels, but in such situation they may actually be less likely to discount deeply (vs. then prices are low and their margins are smaller). Higher rates are indicative of higher demand, so the hotel has likely already met their sales figure for the nite and would more likely hope for a last minute walk-in customer who would paid full price vs. giving the room away at a deep discount and then not be able to accommodate the higher margin last minute customer.

Keep us update on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay.

There is so many hotels in NYC. Wow!

this one?

4.5 star, Empire State Building...$368.00

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Is it Tuscany? The amenities more line up with 5 star Langham Place.

more than I wanted to spend, but who knows if good enough deal....

If it is indeed the Gramercy Park, it's a very highly rated property with very good reviews... if something else should still be very good given the 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]