Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Medford - Somerville) Holiday Inn Somerville

normthe
By normthe,
in

I have been trying, for the past week, to get a room in Somerville.  I have been placing bids on Price.line, through Betterbidding, of course, but can't seem to get anything. I have been trying for a 3 star hotel, which I'm sure is the Holiday Inn in Somerville. I started last week at $78.00 and have gone to $110. I used the different locations so I could raise my bids immediately but no luck. Is there something going on in the Boston area the week of 3/3/15 to 3/7/15? Every time i check the regular rates the prices seem to be increasing. Thanks of any help.

Norm

For a city of its size, Boston does not have a lot of hotel rooms and even small/moderate events can have a big impact on hotel rates.

If the 3* hotels (of which there are only two 'known' properties) have high occupancy levels for these nites, they may not be willing to discount very deeply, instead hoping that they will get some last minute reservations for which they can charge full price.

What would be your maximum bid for this stay? Which other zone(s) are acceptable? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]