Hotwire Hotel: 5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) The Langham Chicago

crito
By crito,
in

Hi guys,

I've extended this trip by a day, now arriving on 3/26.

Since there's nothing really special I want for that one night, I'm kind of just looking for best value -- not necessarily cheapest.

To give you an idea, I found the Palomar for $129 on Last Minute Travel, and the Wyndham Grand for $96. Those are my main contenders. (So as you see, I'm willing to pay a little more to get a little more -- at least I *think* the Palomar offers a bit more all considered -- but I'd say I'm leaning toward the Wyndham.)

I think I see the Monaco for $96 that evening:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Do you think that's right? And does anything else that night jump out at you?

The person who just got the Swiss for $80 got my hopes up, but no dice -- I guess by late March I can't expect a deal that good.

Are the LMT offers actually available or "on request?"

Some of the Hot.wire examples I'm seeing (you may see a slightly different price:)

$129: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly 4.5* Mag Mile-RN

--- Possible match for James.

$109 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa 4* Mag Mile-RN

--- Possible match for Godfrey.

$106 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Pet Friendly 4.5* Loop-Theater District

--- Possible match for Monaco.

$97 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly 4.5* Loop-Theater District

--- This hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board but a *guess* is that the Wyndham Riverfront may have been upgraded to 4.5*.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any questions (hotel or city)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hm, the Wyndham, Godfrey, and Monaco all sound good (but I don't think the Wyndham has a spa). I don't think I'd pay extra for the Palomar over its sister Monaco.

The LMT offers are indeed 'available'.

Tough choice. I might choose soon, but might sit on it for a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]