Priceline Hotel: Request for bidding strategy, Seattle, April 16-20, 2015

edserran
By edserran,
in

As the title states, I'm looking for a bidding strategy for Seattle on the above mentioned dates.

I am looking at booking in the 3 downtown areas exclusively. and having not any info on the time of year and how busy hotels will be during my stay, I am trying to budget 140$/night max, 4 star or higher.

Also, any other input regarding the 3 different downtown areas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

E

To confirm you're looking to bid the following zones:

Downtown - Financial District - Pioneer Square - Stadiums

Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center

Downtown - Seattle Center - Space Needle - Lake Union

If correct, you can try as follows:

When bidding 4* in Seattle you have TWELVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* DT Financial, DT Pike Place, DT Space Needle...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us now how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I will definitely try this.

Also, have you any input on where a good place to stay is in the downtown area? Are there areas that are nearer to the transit system than others, or are there advantages/disadvantages to staying in one place as opposed to others? Are some areas cheaper than others?

The Downtown - Pike Place - Retail District - Convention Center is the most centrally located, imo... but ideally you want to be on the west side of I-5.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has THIS 4 star hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $145/nite with Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center... these amenities are common for a city hotel, but my guess here would be the Renaissance.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if you go for the PRICELINE EXPRESS above, try bidding (for all zones or only the Pike Place zone), or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed downtown using priceline twice in the last year. Winning bid of $95 for the Hilton 3.5 *, and $100 4* for the Sheraton. I preferred the location of the Sheraton.  The bar inside was great as was the Daily Grill if you want to eat at the hotel. The other benefit of the Sheraton is that it is very affordable to park at the convention center overnight, it is across the street and there is a tunnel connecting. Despite the printing on the ticket you take when you go into garage saying no overnight parking, this is not accurate and they have people working the pay booth who did confirm this for me.  The only thing to keep in mind this particular week is that many schools will be on Spring break, so it could be a bit busier than usual. For the zones, I start with zone 5, my preferred area. I then move to zone 4 and lastly to 6, but have always won in zone 5. Highest concentration of the 4+ hotels in that area.  Depending on what you are up for, I think zone 4 has a bit more nightlife, although all of those downtown zones are relatively close to each other. Happy Bidding.

c3cline,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for the information in your post above.

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

When you have a moment, please share your previous win(s) with the board so that others will be aware of the wins for your previous dates when searching in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (many users use this tool for year-over-year comparisons, so even though your stay has passed, it will still be useful for other users)

Also, for anyone else following along, note that the zone numbers will change any time PRICELINE adds, removes, or renames a zone... so the zone numbers referenced above may not be accurate/appropriate for your own bidding if anything has changed since that post. (and why we ask that zone names be used rather than numbers)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, I haven't notice changes in zone numbers in the past, but good to note. So to clarify, currently zone 5 for Seatte is Downtown- Pike Place-Retail District, zone 6 is  Downtown-Seattle Center-Space Needle and zone 4 is Downtown-Financial District-Pioneer Square-Stadiums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just wanted to update you on this thread.

We decided not to name our own price and just went ahead and booked directly through priceline to get the hotel that we wanted: W Seattle for $181/night.

I am certain that I could have got a cheaper price using the bidding strategy provided however, given that there were quite a few 4* hotels in that area, and we did not want to risk getting a boutique hotel that we were not sure of. In particular, there was one hotel (Sorrento) that was east of the I-5 that we did not want to risk getting, in terms of access to train stations and being more inland.

All in all, we got the hotel we wanted, albeit at regular price - but that's okay.

Thanks for your guys' input and help.

E

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Glad to see you're comfortable with your decision and looking forward to your trip.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate bookings.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]