Priceline Hotel: Need tips for bidding NYC for 2/14/15

nk2333
By nk2333,
in

I know it's V-day and also NBA All Star Weekend but is there any chance on finding a deal on a hotel for around $150 after taxes/fees in Manhattan? I don't need anything fancy, i'd prefer a 3 star but would settle for a 2 and 1/2 of 2 star.  Anywhere in Manhattan is ok

Also, should i wait until last minute  (few days before) or start now?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I just replied to this NYC priceline thread regarding this nite, and unfortunately at the moment i think you're out of luck.

Anything that you could get at $150 or less (even if before fees/taxes) would be a score, imo, so i would start bidding now and continue, as odds favor that you will likely still be bidding closer to your stay as well (and maybe you get lucky with a hotel that finds itself with a bunch of unfilled rooms... although i wouldn't necessary hold by breath waiting/expecting).

What is your game plan if not successful at $150 or under... not spend the nite at a hotel in the city, stay outside of the Manhattan and commute in, celebrate Valentine's Day elsewhere, break-up/divorce :lol: , etc?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bid $125  (came to $159 after taxes/fees) for the NYC area and went down to 2 star but got rejected.  Any suggestions?.  Also any suggestions on a backup in case NYC gets too expensive ?  What area should i bid on that would be close (as in one/two train stop(s) away but also relatively safe  at around 2-3 AM

I don't recommend riding the subway at 2am-3am, especially out of Manhattan... it's relatively safe and odds favor that nothing will happen, but it's not worth even the minimal risk to me. (NOTE: i do ride the PATH train back to NJ at that hour)

Unfortunately at the moment there are not a lot of (any?) options within your budget given the high demand for this nite... using MAPS and HOTELS.com search you can search within 'x miles' of any location, then sort the results by price and/or star rating... what is the best option you see for your dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]