Priceline Hotel: Looking for May 6-7-8

Gopher40
By Gopher40,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Thankfully you're not coming during the NRA (National Restaurant Association) show, which is the week after and one of the worst hotel periods of the year. Still, May is a busy time with nicer weather. You have some time, but if a good deal became available I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

Please provide your desired budget per night and we would be happy to suggest options available. Also, are you driving or flying in?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At current rates i think you're more likely looking in the $100-$120 range to be successful, but this could probably get you a 4* hotel (i don't think a 3* will save you much, if anything)

Did you want to increase your bid OR only bid up to the $100 area at this point in time? AaronJB knows this area best, but i do think $125 is reasonable for this time of year, and while rates could head lower, i think there is a greater chance of them heading higher.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A few thoughts:

I completely agree that if you could get a 4* for $125, I'd take it as that is reasonable for this time of year. Not only is the weather getting nicer, there may be graduations and other things going on as well. If you do decide to try for a cheaper 3*, there are actually a lot of nice 3* properties in the River North-NMA area, with a couple of exceptions (although the lesser 3*'s are at least superbly located.)

I usually also do suggest the North Burbs to those who are driving, but while the North Burbs will likely cost $45-55 for a 3.5-4* for these dates, it becomes an additional drive and then taking the train in every day (about a 40-45 minute train trip, but on the nicer Metra trains.) The North Burb hotels would also offer free parking, although if you drive to the train, you have to pay usually a buck or two for parking.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Usually like the River North area since it is in within walking distance to many things. We do take the train to things outside of that immediate area.

I am just trying to get an idea by comparing amenities of hotels that are express deals to the named hotels. Is it pretty easy to narrow down the hotel by doing that?

Also I notice a lot of people naming very cheap rates($50-$60) that they won, but it would help if they named what date that was for so those of us looking can get a little better idea what it might take to win a bid.

Also I notice a lot of people naming very cheap rates($50-$60) that they won, but it would help if they named what date that was for so those of us looking can get a little better idea what it might take to win a bid.

The dates for all reported wins should be in the topic title of the thread... but you may find it easier to use our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins ;) (where you can also search for previous years for around the same dates in order to get an idea of seasonal pricing and year-over-year comparisons)

I am just trying to get an idea by comparing amenities of hotels that are express deals to the named hotels. Is it pretty easy to narrow down the hotel by doing that?

No, it's not necessarily that easy. Take for example this 4* Priceline Express North Michigan Ave - River North property for $125/nite. It shows amenities of Restaurant, Fitness, and Free Internet... this would likely apply to almost all 4 star hotels in the zone.

Are you ready to commit to a purchase at this point in time, as i do think the $125/nite rate is a very good deal for this time of year. If you do a search using our BiddingHelper.com and look at the Express Deals tab, you'll see that there is a 3* hotels in this zone for just about the same price and a 3.5* for over $200/nite... so this would seem to be an excellent value vs. the other offers for these dates. My guess for this property would be the Raffaello Hotel, but as per above, it could easily be something else given the limited number of amenities (and how common they are)... but the property does show a minimum user review rating of 8.0 so at the very least it should be a 'good' hotel and a good overall experience.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So have you made a decision??

...and GO BLUE!

Let's hope the start of a new era, as it looks like an announcement should be forthcoming today with the signing of Harbaugh! :)

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal available for a 3*  at $149 in the River North/ Mag Mile area. Typically wouldn't consider this a great price, but I notice there is FREE parking. The other amenities listed for this hotel are pool, restaurant, fitness center, free internet, and business. these amenities mean little to me I just mentioned them to help identify the hotel. The free parking is the one that got my attention. Any idea on what hotel this might be? I am guessing the Best Western.

• 1 month later...

These amenities are very, very common. The Raffaello would be a possibility, but it certainly may be something else. I would recommend considering this listing from the standpoint of its a 4* for $134. If you don't take it and/or it disappears, the next cheapest 4* North of the river on HOTWIRE is about $160. Aside from the couple of options around $160, everything else is $200-250+.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

• 4 weeks later...

This appears to be the same listing as in your last post... The Raffaello would be my best guess as well for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

5/6-9 together

There is a 3.5* on HOTWIRE in the Northbrook area for $64 w/Suite, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly. 

-- This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess it's a new amenity set for the Wyndham Glenview Suites. While reviews for this property have been a bit more mixed lately, it is in a great location and not terribly far from the Glenview Metra station.

On HOTWIRE I'm seeing a possible match for the Public for $159 - a 4* in the Mag Mile N-Water Tower area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

-----------------------

I do see more possibilities when breaking up these dates versus altogether or if you could do 5/7-10, even better.

In terms of the North Suburbs, I see when searching for 5/7-9 only, a 4.5* for $90 in the Northbrook area w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Free Parking, Pet Friendly

-- This would likely be the Westin North Shore

There are then a number of options around $80-110 for the first night when viewed separately. If you look for all three nights together, the cheapest 4*+ in this zone is $140.

Additionally, when looking at downtown, the last night is somewhat cheaper when view on its own.

When just searching for 5/8-9, I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Loop w/Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Pet Friendly for $94. 

-- This would be a likely match for the La Quinta Loop.

For just 5/8-9, I'm also seeing a 4* in the Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park area w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower for $104.

-- This would be a likely match for the Hyatt.

Also, for 5/7-9, there appears to be the Chicago South Loop hotel on HOTWIRE for $99. I don't really recommend this option, as it's a trek South of the city (the "Loop" portion of the name is I don't think particularly accurate) and there's really not much of anything directly around it, but it is a cheaper option to consider. It's not available when looking at 5/6-9.

If there was any way you could do 5/8-10 downtown and maybe 5/7 in the suburbs, that would be a much cheaper option than 5/6-9. If you did this option, the Westin North Shore would be an option for the first night for $90, then what appears to be the Hyatt on Wacker downtown is showing for $102 for 5/8-10, keeping you under $100 on average. Also, the Chicago Botanic Gardens (in the burbs, despite the name) are not far from the Westin and that's absolutely gorgeous in May.

Just throwing out some more reasonable options. Let us know if any of these would be of interest (and let me know if you have any questions about the above) and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]