Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire Andover

mjpierce1
By mjpierce1,
in

Just followed up on that thread.  We didn't end up going through priceline/hotwire, and I had forgotten about the thread.  I probably would have remembered if it wasn't for the news events of that week.  Anytime we were not out and about, we were glued to the TV- it was the week of the Boston Marathon bombing, and we are from the area.

For your non-PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com OR using the links in our Support Page where we have links to most of the major online booking agencies and hotel chains, including the Comfort Suites.

For your Andover trip, please include the dates of your stay so we can replicate your search and dig deeper into the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above? (including any accessible amenities)

Also, is there something in particular that you're looking for from this stay... the 3* i'm seeing (with more amenities that you've posted above) is priced at $58/nite, has a 70% recommendation from previous guests, and a 3.5/5.0 TA rating; while there is a 3.5* property for less ($54/nite), 100% recommended, and an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating... why an interest in the less 3* when there 3.5* appears to be much better and is cheaper?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When was the 3.5 star listed for 54?  I currently see it for 76, although it was 54 a couple of days ago. 

I am also concerned with getting something with the number of beds that I need.  I may pay the regular rate and go with a suite at Sonesta, I'm still deliberating that.

O.K.,  

February 20-22, 

Hotwire

3 star

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

I don't believe that it can be Sonesta, because Sonesta doesn't have an indoor pool.

Neither hotel has been ID'd/reported to the board. I'd guess the 3.5* may be the Sonesta, upgraded to 3.5*, but that's just a guess and it could certainly be something else. Not certain on the 3*, but I'd agree that the 3.5* for less money and far better reviews seems like a far more appealing possibility.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any additional questions.

As noted at the top of the Hotwire hotel list, star ratings and other hotel information can change at any time, The list only provides what has been reported to the board and new information (changes in star rating, amenities, etc)  comes in every day.

I'd guess the 3.5* that I'm seeing is not the Wyndham, as the listing is showing free breakfast which the Wyndham doesn't offer.

I figured out why your seeing something I am not.  I'm searching for a room with 4 people, and you must be searching with 2.  When I put in two adults into the search, I came up with the hotel you were talking about that was rated 100%.  That hotel does not show up when you put four people into the search.

Inventory does often vary when searching for 2 vs 4.

When searching for 4 adults, I'm seeing a 3.5* in the zone for $87 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly. 

That would likely be the Wyndham.

I figured out why your seeing something I am not.  I'm searching for a room with 4 people, and you must be searching with 2.

Yup, a key piece of information.

I may pay the regular rate and go with a suite at Sonesta, I'm still deliberating that.

If you do go the 'named hotel' route please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com. (which ultimately goes thru Hotels..com)

HOWEVER, what is the rate of booking a room for 4 adults directly... it looks like you may be able to get 2 rooms at a 3.5* hotel on HOTWIRE (which may be the Sonesta, i haven't looked at the offer yet but will based upon your response) for just about the same price, which would likely make your stay a bit more comfortable as well as give each couple their own bathroom which would make getting ready in the morning or heading out for the evening much quicker/easier.

Oh, your suggesting booking two separate rooms- a good idea, except that we are traveling with our two children- so we want them with us...I think... ;) Sorry for the confusion.

I booked the Sonesta for now, with free cancellation. I booked it through the "BiddingHelper.com" tool that you cited above, which ultimately led to booking through Hotels.com. Is that OK?

Thanks for the help. I plan to keep looking at the available HOTWIRE rates to see what turns up.

Michael

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]