Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding strategy for San Francisco - May 17th to 20th

alopedro
By alopedro,
in

Hello,

I have been bidding in the last week for 3 nights in San Francisco (in two areas: Union Square East & Union Square West) with no luck.

I started bidding on 4* Hotels up to 170$/night (bid several times, using areas with no 4* hotels)

On 3.5* Hotels up to 140$/night

And on 3* Hotels up to 115$/night

Are my max. prices too low? I have checked other winning bids, and some people got what i am looking for (even lower price). Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a specific day of the week with better prices? Does it matter the time I am bidding (I am bidding from Europe, so big time difference).

Thanks a lot for all the help of this website.

Pedro

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page asking you to do the same)

Rates are date specific (based upon supply/demand) and there is likely some event/convention during your dates as rates are quite high. It's not uncommon for you not to be able to replicate another user's winning bid when their dates are different than your own.

At current rates i think you're likely looking in the $200-$225 area for a 3.5* or 4* hotel... a 3* mayybe in the $170-$190 area (although HOTWIRE has what appears to be the well reviewed Scarlet Huntington for $196/nite for these dates, should this work for your needs.

Your maximum bid price should be based upon your best deal outside of PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, not necessarily at the same price that others have won for in the past (for dates different than your own). Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best deal you're able to find for these dates?

You can also see our Priceline Failed Bids Strategy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]